Counselor- Minority Outreach Program (Boys of Summer)
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position Title Counselor- Minority Outreach Program (Boys of Summer) Posting Number Sta00520 Recruitment Type External - Open to All Applicants Employment Type Temporary Benefits Available No Position Summary Information Nature of Work
The position of Counselor is an administrative role to assist with executing the mission of the Minority Outreach Program. Hours during program operation may range from 20-30 hours per week. Some hours may be needed prior to the beginning of the program and immediately following the end of the program as assigned by the directors.Essential Duties
- Responsible for using school records and standardized test data to assist instructors and program director to plan appropriate instruction
- Counseling sessions with students and parents when needed
- Investigating any absenteeism
- Assisting with pre-testing and post-testing for program evaluation in conjunction with the instructors
- Assisting with and chaperoning field trips
- Providing for security of all tests and student records
- Develop parent/guardian involvement with the program participants
- Establish written follow-up strategies to connect middle school principals and counselors with program participants’ progress to be monitored and reported back to the program director
- Assist program director with completion of the final program report
- Such other duties as may be assigned by the program director
- Must be a licensed Counselor
- Must have experience teaching or working with children aged 8-13
- Must possess strong customer service and communication skills
- Must be dependable
- Must have knowledge of general office equipment
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen
- Must demonstrate the ability to understand and carry out simple oral instructions
- Must maintain a high level of professionalism
- Demonstrates excellent written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates ability to manage multiple projects with varying deadlines
- Present a professional appearance
- Master’s degree preferred
The College of Coastal Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.CCGA Information
College of Coastal Georgia is an undergraduate college in the University System of Georgia. Located on Georgia’s coast, the College campus is in Brunswick with additional outreach through the Camden Center in Kingsland. The vision of the College is to be a college of choice for students within Georgia and beyond, providing an outstanding education for tomorrow’s leaders and citizens through service-learning, global awareness and engaged entrepreneurship. With a strong emphasis on student retention, progression and timely graduation, the College offers baccalaureate degrees in American Studies, Biological Sciences, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Education, French, Health Informatics, Interdisciplinary Studies, Mathematics, Nursing (BSN), Psychology, Public Management, Spanish, and Workforce Management and Leadership, as well as career associate degrees in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, Nursing (ASN) and Radiologic Science. A veterans-friendly campus, the College is a designated Yellow Ribbon School. Approximately 3,000 students are served by more than 200 staff members and a teaching faculty of whom 52% hold doctoral degrees. CCGA is an active participant in the Complete College Georgia initiative designed to support community partnerships and develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills necessary to address the challenges of 21st century economic development and community wellbeing. For more information, visit the College website: http://www.ccga.eduPosting Detail Information Open Date 02/14/2019 Close Date 03/02/2019 Open Until Filled No Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first learn of this job opening?
- Brunswick News
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Coastal CareerLink
- College of Coastal Georgia website (www.ccga.edu)
- Current/Former College Employee
- Personal Referral
- University System Applicant Clearinghouse
- Georgia Department of Labor
- * Are you currently employed by this College? If yes, enter the department name. If no, enter "No".
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you legally eligible for employment in the United States?
- * Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status?
- How many years of experience do you have in this type position?
- How much experience do you have in this type of position?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter