HR Generalist - R-016848
Job location: Commerce TAMUC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-02-14
Job TitleHR Generalist - R-016848AgencyTexas A&M University - CommerceDepartmentHuman Resources ManagementProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationCommerce, TexasJob TypeStaffJob Description
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
The Human Resources Generalist, under general supervision, provides moderately complex administrative, compliance-oriented and strategic duties. Position assists in the delivery of client-based services of Human Resources programs and processes related to employee relations, recruitment and selection, onboarding, classification and compensation administration, benefits administration, client relationship management and special projects.
NOTE: Candidate may be considered for either Human Resources Generalist I or Human Resources Generalist II depending on qualifications and experience.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administers and coordinates tasks in one or more of the following functional areas: Employee Relations, Benefits, Classification and Compensation, International Work Authorizations, Employment (talent acquisition), Onboarding, I-9 Federal Forms, and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Assists other HR team members with performing specialized Human Resources (HR) functions in assigned areas and actively participates in HR internal cross-training to serve as backup for various HR functions.
- Serves as a liaison between employees or departments and the office of Human Resources. Provides Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) support to customers and guidance on HR processes, procedures, or services.
- Inputs, reviews, updates and retrieves data and documents housed in the Human Resource Information System (HRIS) and other department related databases / filing systems. Stays informed, up to date on training and proficient with Human Resources Information System (HRIS) and internally used software and systems.
- Assists in planning, developing, revising, and implementing human resources policies, procedures, and forms. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Assists in compiling and preparing reports and documents related to human resources activities. May assist with the analysis of human resources reports or organizational methods.
- Stays informed, up to date on training and follows internal HR Standard Operating Procedures, System and A&M-Commerce Rules, Policies and Procedures as well as State and Federal guidelines.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience (High school diploma or GED with a minimum of four (4) years of related experience).
- Experience: No experience required.
- Knowledge / Skills: Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Knowledge of HR concepts, principles, and practices. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented. Possess strong commitment to a team environment with the ability to contribute expertise and follow leadership directives at appropriate times. Possess a strong work ethic, self-motivation and a positive attitude. Must be customer-focused.
- Ability to: Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: None
- Physical Requirements: None
- Other Requirements: None
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Human Resources experience and/or knowledge in one or more of the following functional areas: Employee Relations, Benefits, Compensation and Classification, International Work Authorizations, Employment (talent acquisition), Onboarding, I-9 Federal Forms, and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Higher Education experience. Society For Human Resource Management (SHRM) Certification and/or Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI) Certification. Demonstrated working experience with Workday, Concur, Canopy/FAMIS, Mane Market, Laserfische.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
May supervise student workers and graduate assistants
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.