Major Gift Officer
MAJOR GIFT OFFICER
Position Summary: Reporting to the Vice President of Institutional Advancement, the Major Gift Officer has primary responsibility for cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding a portfolio of current and potential donors with the capacity of making major gifts. This position is also responsible for the cultivation and solicitation of corporate and private foundations at the major gift level. Newberry College has launched a $35M capital campaign, emphasis will be on funding campaign priorities, which include the annual fund and capital projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Conduct face-to-face meetings for the purposes of cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding an assigned portfolio of approximately 100+ current and prospective major donors.
2. Actively manage, visit, cultivate and solicit a portfolio of 50+ foundations and corporations.
3. Follow up all donor or prospective contacts with meticulous, thoughtful, and appropriate correspondence and maintain internal record-keeping as defined by office protocols.
4. Work collaboratively with other members of the Advancement team to identify, cultivate, research and solicit prospective and current donors.
5. In conjunction with the Vice President of Advancement, prepare proposals for gift solicitations.
6. Prepare written briefings for senior management and faculty visits with individual donor and prospective donors, as well as corporations and foundations, maintain follow-up documentation and correspondence.
7. Work cooperatively with other faculty and staff in expanding the pool of prospective donors and in coordinating solicitation strategies and campaign activities.
8. Initiate and engage in the activities and actions necessary to achieve all agreed-upon fundraising performance goals and objectives.
Qualifications: The successful candidate must be result-oriented with a proven ability to cultivate and close major and deferred gifts. This is a high energy position. The candidate must be a team player, a self-starter, strategic thinker, and a strong advocate of liberal arts education. Candidates should have exceptional communications skills, including the ability to relate comfortably with people of diverse profiles and backgrounds. Travel is essential and is primarily regional.
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelor’s degree. (Master’s degree-preferred).
Minimum Level of Experience Required: 8-10 years of successful fundraising-related experience.
Application: Send cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references to [email protected] Please include “Major Gift Officer” in the subject line.
Apply for Major Gift Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly