President of Georgia Northwestern Technical College
Georgia Northwestern Technical College, a unit of the Technical College System of Georgia, provides quality technical education and workforce development opportunities supporting student success throughout the communities of northwest Georgia. The college achieves its mission by offering technical and academic instruction through traditional and distance education delivery methods leading to associate degrees, diplomas, and certificates of credit programs as well as through non-credit continuing education, economic development, and adult education services.
The president of Georgia Northwestern Technical College reports to the Commissioner of the Technical College System of Georgia and is responsible for leadership and management of all aspects of college operations. A successful candidate will have a work history that demonstrates the following:
- Success in workforce development strategies in support of economic development of a state or region;
- Commitment to diversity, inclusiveness, and student success;
- Ability to engage with business, civic, industry, educational, and community leaders to develop mutually beneficial relationships, partnerships, and programs;
- Sound fiscal management skills and strategic decision making;
- Strong leadership skills that attract, retain, and motivate others to obtain success;
- An understanding of important trends and issues affecting higher education;
- Ability to secure resources to further the mission of the college.
Candidates must possess, at a minimum, a master’s degree from a nationally or regionally accredited college or university in business, educational leadership or a closely related field and five years of senior-level administrative experience within higher education. An ideal candidate will also possess a doctorate with five to ten years’ significant senior level leadership experience in higher education.
The president must live or be willing to relocate to the college’s service delivery area which includes the counties of Catoosa, Chattooga, Dade, Floyd, Gordon, Murray, Polk, Walker, and Whitfield in Georgia.
The salary will be established by the Commissioner of the Technical College System of Georgia.
To request an application packet contact Jamika Solomon at [email protected] or 404-679-1762.
Background screenings are conducted prior to employment.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS: This selection process is subject to the Georgia Open Records Law. The name and certain other information about each applicant may be released to the public, upon request. Only persons who agree to the release of this information should apply.
The Technical College System of Georgia does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, sex, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law).