Ag Power & Equipment Technician Instructor
This position will deliver education and training to students through effective instruction. The instructor will promote student success by demonstrating and maintaining instructional excellence and currency in the Agricultural Power & Equipment field throughout their employment at the college. This position will work a minimum of 190 days annually between July 1 and June 30. Instructional load will vary depending upon need and may include online, accelerated learning, evenings, weekends, and summer hours.
The position will start in April with teaching opportunity this spring, as well as providing lab assistance and beginning to transition into the new role as a team instructor in the Ag Power program. Summer teaching opportunities will be available. Full-time instructor duties will start in the Fall 2019-20 semester.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Teach agricultural mechanics and related courses in a post-secondary associate degree, technical diploma, apprenticeship, and continuing education courses, seminars & workshops
- Promote continuous quality improvement of curriculum and program operations to increase program effectiveness and promote optimum student learning opportunities.
- Create and maintain a classroom environment that values diversity and multiculturalism perspectives
- Work cooperatively with current Southwest Tech staff, program advisory committees & a variety of business customers to customize training.
- Continuously evaluate student progress providing informative and summative feedback through formal and informal means
- Assist with student recruitment, marketing the courses, seminars, workshops, etc.
- Provide applications-based learning activities that accommodate a variety of learning styles
- Pursue and maintain appropriate certifications, qualifications, and licensure to maintain a high level of technical competency
- Participate in staff development activities and serve on college improvement teams and college wide committees as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned.
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
- Two-year Associates degree or Technical Diploma in the agricultural equipment industry plus minimum of 5.5 years related work experience required
- Bachelor's degree with minimum 2 years of experience in the agricultural equipment industry preferred
- Employed in the agricultural equipment field within the last 5 years
- Valid Driver’s License
- Documented factory service training
- Knowledge of industry safety standards
- Teaching/presentation experience preferred
- Ability to work effectively in a team-based, quality environment
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing
- Computer knowledge of Microsoft Office, email, and internet
- Operate, maintain & repair/overhaul farm engines, planting, tillage & harvesting equipment
- Incorporate agriculture equipment safety into instruction
- Perform and understand electrical & hydraulics systems diagnostics
- Supervise & maintain lab/shop areas
- Welding instruction
- Lift up to 75 pounds
Internal and External applicants complete and submit the online employment application at https://www.swtc.edu/about/job-opportunities. For questions regarding the application process please contact Human Resources at [email protected] or 608.822.2314.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: March 7, 2019
STARTING DATE: April 1, 2019
SALARY RANGES: Bachelors $48,304 - $76,805
Advanced $50,810 - $80,787
Masters $53,314 – $84,768
BENEFITS/SERVICES: Our comprehensive benefit package includes the following and much more:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Health Savings Account
- Health Club Access
- Wisconsin Retirement System Contribution
- On-campus day care (hourly rate charged)
PLEASE NOTE: All candidates selected for an interview will prepare a 10-minute classroom teaching demonstration. Information regarding this teaching demonstration will follow.
SELECTION PROCESS: The Review Committee will screen applicants and contact them for an interview. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not assure the candidate an interview. Final candidate’s employment offer will be subject to completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening.
Southwest Tech does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Officer has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies. Call 800-362-3322, Ext. 2315 (TDD: 608-822-2072) or write Southwest Tech, 1800 Bronson Blvd., Fennimore, WI 53809.