Senior Assistant Director, Student Financial Services
The Sr. Assistant Director is a financial aid professional with a primary responsibility for counseling students and parents about financial aid and educational financing options, and determining financial aid eligibility. The Senior Assistant Director also administers federal grant programs and/or other departmental functions. Key Responsibilities:
- Perform need analysis and verification, determine eligibility, and award financial aid for a caseload of undergraduate and graduate students.
- Advise students and parents about financial aid application processes; federal, state and institutional aid programs; and educational financing options.
- Serve as counselor-on-duty, a member of a three-person rotation responsible for delivering customer service in the Student Financial Services (SFS) areas of financial aid, financing options, student accounts, and payment options.
- Administer selected aid programs and/or departmental functions which may include: federal and state grant programs; federal, state and private loan programs; donor-funded scholarships; education abroad funding; coordinating award notifications; web and print publications; data analysis and reporting.
- Participate in the College's enrollment management efforts, including undergraduate and graduate recruitment events, incoming student programs, and a variety of in-person and online information sessions.
- Ensure regulatory compliance in federal Title IV and state financial aid programs.
- Represent Babson's mission, goals, and customer-service orientation in all work-related settings.
- Assume additional responsibilities as required.
- At least 4-6 years of experience in financial aid administration.
- Ability to succeed in a customer-oriented, team-based, technology-intensive work environment.
- Excellent counseling and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Envisions and proposes new methods to perform tasks that support ET&A; takes thoughtful risks; and accepts new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results.
- Anticipates and embraces change; demonstrates willingness to achieve, acquire, and utilize new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
- Some extended hours during orientations, drop/add periods, and admission recruitment events.
- Experience with CSS PowerFAIDS preferred.
Interested candidates should apply via our website https://babson.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Staff
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here. Babson College is committed to enhancing diversity and inclusion across all levels of the College. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this value are strongly encouraged to apply.