Instructor of Computer Literacy
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves nearly 14,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that nearly 90** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2018.
**Based on fall 2018 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2019-029
Posting Start Date: 2/13/2019
Minimum Education: High School/GED
Additional Documentation: Transcripts May Be Submitted
Compensation: $28.42 p/h
Instructor of Computer LiteracyDescription/Job SummaryOverview of position: Summary of the position’s responsibilities
- Conduct lectures that instruct participants how to use Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Time permitting, explore Access and Outlook. All topics will follow an outline, handouts, hands-on experience, and using visual aids as part of the computer literacy curriculum.
- Administer written and practice drills and exams.
- Collaborate with curriculum developer and subject matter experts to determine teaching style and delivery of curriculum.
- Participate in meetings, seminars, and training sessions to obtain information useful to the training facility and integrate that information into training programs.
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, laboratory work, assignments, and papers.
- Maintain students’ grades and attendance, and report student progress to responsible staff.
- Evaluate students and report academic concerns when warranted by classroom performance
- Manage all classroom issues and communicate with the Instructional Specialist and/or the Program Coordinators for any non-manageable classroom issues.
- Collect, maintain, and analyze student documents and lab experiences.
- Stay current with required industry certifications and provide current copies of certifications as requested.
- Certification in Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS), preferred.
- Minimal 3 years’ experience in training in Microsoft Office.
- Proficient in using MS Office suite with advanced knowledge in Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Reliable transportation is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems or related field
- 5 years’ experience in training in Microsoft Office.
- Experience working in a community college setting
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at [email protected]
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.
Email this job to a friend ×Subject:Your email address:Recipient's email address:Personal message:I came across this job and thought you may be interested.Human Verification:Send E-mail