Master Maintenance Technician
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-02-14
Facilities Management (FM) supports the University of Virginia's wide range of research, academic and patient care programs. With over 1,200 employees dedicated to excellence, Facilities Management is responsible for the day-to-day operation, repair and maintenance of U.Va.'s buildings, infrastructure and grounds as well as other University-owned and leased properties.
The Health System Physical Plant is seeking multiple Master Maintenance Technicians for Weekend/ Night Shift positions: two (2) night shifts 11p.m.- 7a.m. (Saturday & Monday night) and two (2) weekend night shifts 7p.m.- 7a.m. (Saturday/Sunday). Shift differential pay is included.
- Perform installation, repair, and maintenance in multiple building trades including but not limited to HVAC, plumbing, and electrical according to diagrams and manuals.
- Perform preventative maintenance and emergency repair for multiple building trades.
- Respond independently to all emergency calls in the Health System Complex..
- Maintain accurate daily logs of jobs and time tickets.
- Ensure all safety equipment and personal protective equipment are used.
- Foster a safe work environment by instructing and monitoring compliance of OSHA, federal, state, and local regulations.
- Inform customers of job status and reasons for and duration of expected delays.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: A minimum of seven years of experience in plumbing, electrical, or HVAC trade.
Licensure: Journeyman or higher license in two (2) or more trades. Master's license in one trade is preferred.
Valid Driver's license, with a positive points balance.
This job will be require bending, stooping, squatting, and climbing while working on various assignments. A repetitive motion will be required while lifting, using various tools and repair parts and repairing various systems.
To apply, visit https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs and search for R0002919. Fully complete an application online and attach a cover letter and resume. Both documents are required. Only completed applications received through our UVA Workday Job site will be reviewed. The position will remain open until filled.
Questions regarding the application process should be directed to Eirine Vlavianos, Academic Recruiter at [email protected]