Software Architect, UI/Frontend
Software Architect, UI/Frontend
Job Number: 81887
Stanford University School of Medicine is Stanford's largest academic school. The Office of Information Resources and Technology (IRT) supports the School of Medicine's core missions; health care, research and education. To support this mission, IRT is seeking a hands-on team leader to drive the design, development, and operations of our web application portfolio in support of the research, administration, and education missions of Stanford's School of Medicine. This position is a technical leader for front-end web technologies working within and across multiple Agile scrum teams on both custom and 3rd party applications in both architect and hands-on development roles. S/he is responsible for working with our business analysts, business partners, and scrum teams to make the best use of modern web technologies, design practices and usability patterns. S/he will make architectural and development process decisions to streamline implementations across our product portfolio with considerations for performance, scalability, and maintainability.
This Software Architect will architect, design and build dynamic and responsive web applications, is comfortable with open-source projects, is comfortable with legacy web applications, has experience leading a development team from product concept to delivery using Agile methodologies, is focused on reusability, and is focused on the operational and support functions necessary to run modern cost effective web applications.
A portion of our web portfolio is the Adobe AEM content management system. This Software Architect will learn Adobe AEM's operational aspects and creating applications within the Adobe AEM framework.
- Act as project leader on large-scale web projects in which strong technical, directional, and personal leadership is necessary.
- Provide thorough analysis of relevant factors to plan upgrades, patch installation, and configuration; prototype new user interfaces for web applications and services.
- Design and document data structures, architecture, and process flows for websites, web-based applications, and databases. Prepare complex technical documentation.
- Develop and deploy web applications that interact with relational database management systems and integrate with Stanford's web, authentication, and authorization infrastructure.
- Develop and deploy dynamic client-side web interface components and collaboration technologies, such as wikis, blogs, social networking, and third party technologies.
- Engage in long-term strategic planning with regard to web development, with the goal of identifying future needs, means of resolving these needs, possible obstacles, and necessary courses of action.
- Recommend client-specific programming and development strategies.
- Create, review, and audit procedures to implement Stanford security policies and practices, including Restricted Data classifications. Conduct security reviews of applications.
- Develop and enforce programming and application design standards.
- Support and maintenance of production issues and legacy applications.
This position currently works at our Stanford Research Park office in Palo Alto. We anticipate that this position will move to the new Stanford Redwood City campus in June 2019.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
- Expert-level understanding of web-based technologies, mobile development, web design, production and site/infrastructure management in a large-scale enterprise environment.
- Expert-level competency in browser developer tools and web application debugging.
- Ability to synthesize user, technical and design requirement into highly usable and maintainable websites and applications.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design with focus on front-end client-side scripting.
- Strong ability and desire to quickly learn and apply new technologies.
- Experience working on a team using Agile methodologies.
- Experience developing and supporting multiple web applications.
- Strong focus on testing and reusability.
- Strong data analysis and data modeling skills.
- Strong proficiency and hands-on experience in one of the front-end frameworks: React/Flux, Angular.js, Backbone.
- Strong proficiency and hands-on experience with Java, proficient in Spring MVC.
- Solid understanding of asynchronous request handling, SPA, and AJAX.
- Experience with SQL.
- Proficient in ES6, JQuery, CSS pre-processing platforms such as: SASS, LESS.
- Knowledge and hands on experience with RESTful API.
- Knowledge and hands on experience with Git.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree and ten years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Ability to develop a vision for computing needs and to develop appropriate plans to meet these needs.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and work as a member of a development team.
- Ability to identify, clarify and resolve complex problems which may span multiple areas or technical fields.
- Ability to use a proactive approach to problem solving to develop preventive measures.
- In-depth understanding of internet technologies and protocols.
- Experience developing websites and applications using open source tools.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of development environments.
- Expert programming skills, including the ability to write, compile, test, debug, and deploy software on multiple platforms and web servers.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of authentication and authorization technologies.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of software security concepts.
- Experience with delivering finished sites/applications to clients and responding to their needs for quality control, follow up service, and maintenance.
- Familiarity with browser devices and platform differences and idiosyncrasies, and ability to develop workarounds to accommodate specialized user/client needs and device platforms.
- Ability to direct a team and serve as a team leader.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Strong visual acuity.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Location: School of Medicine, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency