Autonomous Driving Simulation Software Engineer
Autonomous Driving Simulation Software Engineer
Job Number: 81826
Autonomous Driving Simulation Software Engineer Job Code: 4821 Job Grade: I FTE: 100%, Exempt, 2 Year Fixed Term
School of Engineering, Department of Aeronautics & Astronautics,
SAIL-TOYOTA Center for AI Research The School of Engineering
Stanford Engineering has been at the forefront of innovation for nearly a century, creating pivotal technologies that have transformed the worlds of information technology, communications, health care, energy, business and beyond. Our faculty and students are creative risk-takers who pursue excellence across a breadth of disciplines. Our alumni include some of the world's most successful leaders in technology and business. Our staff are critical to enabling Stanford Engineering to accomplish its mission: seeking solutions to some of the world's most urgent challenges and educating leaders who will make the world a better place through the power of engineering principles, techniques and systems.
The Department of Aeronautics & Astronautics working with the SAIL-Toyota Center for AI Research, seeks an Autonomous Driving Simulation Software Engineer to execute a variety of programming tasks revolving around the support, evaluation, and technology transition of current autonomous driving research within the center. The core duties will include working with graduate students, postdocs, and professors to implement perception, trajectory planning, decision making, and control algorithms within an existing driving simulation framework. This will include integrating modules from different research groups into a single autonomous driving pipeline, and maintaining and supporting a unified codebase for all driving simulation activities in the center. The core duties will also include collecting and analyzing performance data for these autonomous driving modules in a variety of driving tasks in a simulation environment. The position will report to a principle investigator in the SAIL-Toyota Center for AI Research, who is also an assistant professor in the Department of Aeronautics & Astronautics Department.
Your responsibilities include:
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- A bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Current knowledge of latest software and design standards.
- Ability to define and solve logical problems for technical applications.
- Knowledge of and ability to select, adapt, and effectively use a variety of programming methods.
- Ability to recognize and recommend needed changes in user and/or operations procedures.
- Basic knowledge of software engineering principles.
- Strong knowledge of multiple programming languages.
- A Master's degree
- Prior experience with robotics and/or autonomous driving
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application. Your one-page cover letter should briefly describe your knowledge of the latest software, design standards, and programming language. Provide examples of your ability to solve logical problems for technical applications.
Location: School of Engineering, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency