Executive Producer, Creative Video
Executive Producer, Creative Video
Job Number: 81825
Stanford's Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation:
Stanford's Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation (“DAPER”) is the premier intercollegiate athletic program in the country. We are the proud Home of Champions! We lead the nation with 118 NCAA championship titles, completed an unpresented sweep of both the men's and women's Capital One Cups, and brought home the Learfield Director's Cup for 24 straight years. We support nearly 900 student-athletes who compete on 36 intercollegiate athletics teams and also support the university's physical education, recreation and wellness initiatives. Our dedicated staff embody a culture of excellence, embrace our mission of scholar-athleticism and exemplify a relentless championship spirit. Our actions and staff are guided by the core tenets of the Athletics Department culture, “The DAPER Way”, which are: Embrace Scholar-Athleticism, Pursue and Revere Excellence, Lead with Courage, and Work Cohesively.
Are you ready to inspire champions? If yes, then this may be the right opportunity for you!
The Stanford University Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation is currently accepting applications for the position of Executive Producer, Creative Video. Reporting to the Assistant Athletics Director, Digital & Video, this position will serve as the primary video producer for assigned sports while providing support for all of Stanford's 36 varsity sports. The successful applicant will be a dynamic and creative storyteller, consistently delivering content that elevates the Stanford brand and tells the stories of its elite student-athletes. This role will work closely with various groups in external relations, including but not limited to communications, marketing, fan experience, sponsorship and ticket sales. This is a full-time, exempt position.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Serve as a consistent presence at assigned events to accurately share the Stanford story in compelling video form.
- Create short pieces of content that immediately grab the attention of social media audiences.
- Produce and package long-form features that showcase the world-class student-athlete experience at Stanford.
- Deliver videos that uniquely and creatively engage audiences to drive ticket sales and event attendance at Stanford.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to determine appropriate distribution mediums, create concepts, plan production, and produce media (including logistics coordination, video shooting, music and sound effect selection, computer graphics, animation, digital effect creation, editing and tape duplication).
- Assist with the production of video content for in-venue video boards.
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and ensure that Stanford remains at the forefront of the digital media landscape.
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite software, specifically Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop.
- Knowledge in production techniques including videography, compression and file delivery.
- Knowledge of camera, lighting, sound and editing.
- Understanding of online video environment and online distribution.
- Demonstrated ability to perform repairs on a wide variety of audio, visual and computer equipment.
- Ability to adapt equipment setup and provide alternative setup or workarounds if necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills, judgment, and diplomacy required to interact effectively with and provide customer service to a broad audience.
- Ability to work independently as well as effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Effective time management skills.
Education & Work Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 2-3 years of production and motion graphics experience.
- Online portfolio/reel that demonstrates the above job functions
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, and reach/work above shoulders.
- Occasionally sit, twist/bend/stoop/squat.
- Visual acuity including color vision.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a California Non-commercial Class license.
- Work on weekends, evenings, holidays, and flexible shifts.
- May have exposure to high voltage electricity, noise > 80dB TWA, confined spaces, and working at heights above 10 feet.
- When conducting university business, must comply with the California Vehicle Code and Stanford University driving requirements.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- All Athletic Department positions share responsibility for promoting and maintaining the integrity and reputation of Stanford University and its intercollegiate athletics program. In fulfilling this responsibility of this position the person hired is required to comply with both the letter and spirit of all University policies and procedures, laws, and NCAA and Pacific-12 rules and regulations.
This position, along with all DAPER coaches and staff, is responsible for the integrity of Stanford's intercollegiate athletics program and for the reputation of Stanford University. This position is responsible for insuring that his/her involvement with Athletic Department activities maintains the integrity of the University's reputation and does not negatively impact the relationship between the University and its faculty, staff, students and alumni. Additionally, this position must comply with University policies and procedures, NCAA and PAC-12 rules and regulations.
Why Stanford is for you:
Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
Location: Athletics, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency