Adjunct Head Volleyball Coach - Women's Varsity - Columbia College
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job Title Adjunct Head Volleyball Coach - Women's Varsity - Columbia College Site: Columbia College Salary Range / Other
The Hourly Range: $57.07 – $88.60
Doctorate Range: $67.30 to $91.04
N/APosition Summary Information Scope of Assignment
Head Volleyball Coach-Women’s VarsityMinimum Qualifications
Any bachelor’s degree or higher and two years of professional experience, or any associate degree and six years of professional experience.
Master’s degree in physical education, exercise science, education with an emphasis in physical education, kinesiology, physiology of exercise, or adaptive physical education,
Bachelor’s degree in any of the above
Master’s degree in any life science, dance, physiology, health education, recreation administration, or physical therapy
OR the equivalent
Perform all head coaching duties including:
— Teaching fundamentals, organizing practices, game preparation, conditioning, scheduling, and budget management.
—Recruitment of student athletes in compliance with the California Community Colleges Athletic Association Constitution and Bylaws.
—Liaison to four-year institutions and assist these institutions when evaluating MJC athletes.
—Represent the District in a professional manner when relating to public and media relations.
—Assist the athletic director in maintaining student progress and transferability.
—Maintain and observe the rules as they apply to the maximum number of certified eligible student athletes.
—-Assist athletic trainer in preventing injuries and ensuring proper conditioning for student athletes when returning from injuries.
—Other duties and responsibilities as they relate to this position.
Experience coaching volleyball and/or Master’s DegreeDesirable Professional Characteristics Special Instructions to Applicants
Applications are accepted online only at:
Select Job Openings, Select Search Jobs, Select Job Title, Create an account and Apply to this job.
The District may hire more than one applicant with this applicant pool.
Applications will be reviewed by a screening committee which will select candidates to be interviewed. After interviews, a recommendation will be forwarded to the President, Chancellor, and Board of Trustees.
The screening committee will evaluate all applications. Those applicants selected for personal interview will be notified by letter or phone. In accordance with Board policy official offers of employment will be made only by the Chancellor or Vice Chancellor/Human Resources, YCCD. Final appointment is subject to confirmation by the Board of Trustees.
Federal law requires the District employ only US citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States. Written verification of employment eligibility is required.
NOTE: A background investigation of new employees is required, including reference checks and a state criminal history report. Employment will not begin until the history check has been cleared by Human Resources. The cost for the criminal history report will be the responsibility of the successful candidate.
YCCD is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.Licenses and Certificates Posting Detail Information Open Date 02/13/2019 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a U.S. Citizen?
- * If you are not a U.S. citizen, are you legally authorized to work in the U.S.?
- I am a U.S. citizen question does not apply
- * Describe any personal or professional experiences which have prepared you to teach in the unique environment of California Community College:
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe experiences, which demonstrate knowledge and understanding of two of the following:1. Curricula or services which stress innovation:2. Accommodations of various student learning styles:3. Activities which promote currency and professional growth in subject area:4. Effective participation in leadership and management:
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you possess the Master's degree or the Bachelor's/Master's degree listed in the Minimum Qualifications for this position?
- No- If No, applicant must submit an Equivalency Form to be considered for this position. The form, policy, and procedures can be found at http://www.yosemite.edu/recruitment/equivalency_policy_and_procedures
- * Are any of your near relatives (child, parent, spouse or domestic partner, sibling, or in-laws or step-relatives in the relationships listed) currently employed by YCCD? Response of YES or NO is required in the area provided. NOTE: If yes, it is required that you provide the person or persons name/s and their position title in the area below as well.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please tell us how you heard about this job announcement:
- Job Fair
- YCCD Recruitment Website
- YCCD Email
- CCC Registry
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript (Attach all college transcripts)
- List of Professional References
- List of Graduate Courses