Technical Analyst and Programmer
The Technical Analyst and Programmer will provide support for technical issues that arise in the Ellucian products, which include Ellucian Banner Admin Pages, Banner Job Submission, Banner Self-service, Banner Document Management, and Banner Workflow. They will also write programs in PL/SQL, Linux Scripting, Automix Applications Manager to support and improve user processes. Support and assist other staff on projects and programs that they need to write. Assist the DBA with administration of the Ellucian products. Learn the Banner environment to support the users. Contact vendors when issues or questions arise. Work to develop new functionality with Banner Admin and Self-service pages in Java language and Groovy.
The Technical Analyst and Programmer will:
• Consult with supervisors, programmers, and end users to develop functional design specifications and gathers information about: program intent, functions, features; data requirements, input requirements, and output requirements. Uses knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, Groovy, and Java coding to develop programs. Write and maintain documentation of changes to computer code, programs, and specifications. Reviews user and technical documentation written by others to confirm consistency with program operations.
• Provide technical support assisting the DBA with overall administration, support, planning and management of NLU business systems, with a specific emphasis on the Ellucian products solution and its supporting technologies. This includes troubleshooting system issues, managing system upgrades, rollouts and implementations; developing workflows, documenting processes, and providing technical support across all Banner Modules. Provides expertise in the effective operation of the applications supported. Provides functional/technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with programs. Responsible for configuration of the application. This may include creating or updating UI views, updating standard and custom fields, and creating validation rules.
• Learn and stay current on Ellucian products, their functionality and enhancements. Develop skills to provide support of the changing environment.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
• 3-5 years’ programming experience with SQL and PL/SQL.
• 1-3 years’ Java experience and Groovy.
• 1-3 years’ experience in Higher Education.