Support Specialist and Programmer
The Support Specialist and Programmer will provide support to end users and other team members. They will respond to help desk tickets that relate to Ellucian products Ellucian Banner Admin Pages, Banner Job Submission, Banner Self-service, and Banner Workflow. They will write PL/SQL programs as needed to support NLU business processes. Work with the Cognos reporting tool to provide new and/or updated reports.
The Support Specialist and Programmer will:
• Answer help desk tickets, supporting the NLU community, students, faculty, and staff. Provide assistance with Ellucian products, provide training when necessary, escalating tickets as required. Document issues and propose improvements to reduce future tickets
• Write programs and SQL queries to provide uses with data and improved processes. Gather requirements, functions, features, input and output requirements. Document processes and procedures.
• Learn and stay current on Ellucian products, their functionality and enhancements. Develop skills to provide support of the changing environment.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
• Less than a year experience with Ellucian Banner products.
• 1-3 years’ experience programming experience with SQL, PL/SQL.
• 1-3 years’ experience in higher education.