February 14, 2019
March 15, 2019
The Circulation Librarian is responsible for overseeing the entire circulation activity, including the issuing, return and record keeping procedures of the library, assigning job tasks to library student workers and training them in computerized circulation functions. The Circulation Librarian will work under the supervision of the Director of Libraries within general procedural and policy guidelines.
- Oversees the process of checking materials in and out of the library.
- Navigate through the library's circulation software to find materials for patrons. Ability to access the various features of the software (ie. - fines, inventory and patron lists, etc.)
- Direct patrons to the materials needed and requested. Familiar with the library's holdings to successfully manage the front desk.
- Manage any library student workers or interns.
- Provide statistical data regarding library usage to supervisors for SACSCOC/National Library survey inquiries.
Master's degree from an ALA-accredited program. Ability to work both independently and collegially in a demanding and rapidly changing environment. Demonstrated knowledge and practice of pedagogy in teaching and learning. Knowledge of library reference and cataloging methods. Knowledge of bibliographic sources of information. Decision making ability and a sense of how to maintain appropriate records and reports of activities. Computer knowledge and skills as well as knowledge of OCLC system and its uses. Ability to convey information to the public as well as to staff.
Walking, bending, squatting, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
Send Cover Letter and Resume to :
Saint Augustine’s University
Office of Human Resources
1315 Oakwood Avenue
Raleigh, NC 27610-2298 or
Email: [email protected] or
Notices and Disclaimers:
Saint Augustine’s University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We invite applications from individuals of all ethnic origins, disabled persons, and veterans.
No Phone Calls Please.