Equipment Manager - Surgical/Trauma ICU & ICR
At Stony Brook Medicine, the Equipment Manager - Surgical/Trauma ICU & ICR provides daily oversight of the environment of care and maintains equipment and inventory.
Duties in may include the following but arenot limited to:
- Responsible for the daily oversight of the environment of care in the Surgical/Trauma (8W 9W) department including: equipment maintenance and repair; and proper stocking of all patient treatment areas.
- Responsible for inventory management of the Surgical/Trauma departments (8W 9W) equipment and supplies including: ordering; stocking and distributing supplies; and maintaining inventory and PAR levels of unit-specific equipment.
- Maintains equipment and is operational by monitoring expiration dates, keeping concise records of equipment and cleaning of equipment.
- Maintains a safe patient environment including: reporting damaged and/or non-functioning equipment to unit leadership; keeping hallways free from clutter; assisting in maintaining the unit's compliance with fire safety standards; and assisting with the maintenance of specific unit equipment.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary environment including: preparing room for admission (equipment needs); preparing room for housekeeping after a discharge (removing of equipment).
- Acts as liaison to other departments (CSS, Distribution, Lawson) as it relates to unit-specific equipment.
- Coordinates returning dirty supplies to Central Sterile Support that require sterilization, assuring return and availability.
- Picks up procedural supplies from various hospital locations as needed.
- Assists in daily cleaning and storing of equipment when not in use.
- Reviews and makes the appropriate recommendations in reference to all new supplies and equipment for the unit.
- Contributes to a harmonious work environment with positive interactions with staff, patients and family members in order to improve patient care and increase patient satisfaction.
- Establishes and maintains a good professional rapport with the medical staff, nurses, and staff of patient care areas and all other applicable departments and units.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent. Capable of assessing, ordering and maintaining inventory levels. Must be proficient in ordering supplies via Lawson. Three years' experience in a hospital environment. Previous experience as a Nursing Assistant.
Preferred Qualifications: Familiar with Joint Commission and DOH regulations as it relates to cleaning and maintenance of unit-specific equipment. Good verbal and written communication.
Special Notes: Stony Brook Medicine is a smokefree environment. Smokingis strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoorareas on the premises.
All Hospital positions are subject to changes in pass daysand shifts as necessary. This position may require the wearing ofrespiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
The selected candidate must successfully cleara background investigation. Prior to start date, the selectedcandidate must meet the following requirements: Successfully completepre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from StonyBrook Medicine's Employee Health Services (The hiring department will beresponsible for any fee incurred for examination), submit (3) writtenreferences, and provide a copy of any required New York Statelicense(s)/certificate(s). Please be advised that failure to comply with any ofthe above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocationof the employment offer.
The best ideas in medicine start with thebest people. At Stony Brook Medicine, our highest calling is to put the powerof ideas to work in our patients’ lives. Stony Brook Medicine integrates andelevates all of our health-related initiatives: education, research and patientcare. Stony Brook Medicine isLong Island’s premier academic medical center. With 603 beds, we serve as theregion’s only tertiary care center and Level 1 Trauma Center, and are home tothe Stony Brook Heart Institute, Stony Brook Cancer Center, Stony Brook Children’sHospital, Stony Brook Neurosciences Institute, and Stony Brook DigestiveDisorders Institute. We also encompass Suffolk County’s only Level 4 RegionalPerinatal Center, state-designated AIDS Center, state-designated ComprehensivePsychiatric Emergency Program, state-designated Burn Center, the ChristopherPendergast ALS Center of Excellence, and Kidney Transplant Center. It is homeof the nation’s first Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis Center.
Stony BrookUniversity is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. We arecommitted to the creation of a diverse and inclusive campus climate. Weencourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women andminorities to apply.
This function/position has been designated as “essential.” This means that when the Hospital is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook University Hospital and related facilities.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected].
IF YOU NEED ADISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCESERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMANRESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OURCRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CANALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://www.stonybrook.edu/police
Job Field: Administrative & Professional (non-Clinical)
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Posting Start Date: Feb 13, 2019
Posting End Date: Mar 15, 2019, 10:59:00 PM