Coordinator for Student Inclusion Initiatives
The Coordinator for Student Inclusion Initiatives reports to the Director of Student Success Center providing recruitment, advising, transfer mentoring and Intercultural programs and activities for inclusion of diverse populations. The Coordinator for Student Inclusion Initiatives will work to recruit a diverse student population and align programs and activities with the strategic recruiting and retention goals. The Coordinator for Student Inclusion Initiatives will work with campus community to implement distinct programs that support and an inclusive community for successful persistence through degree completion.
- Meets the goals and objectives set by the Director of Student Success Center.
- Connect and meet prospective Athens State students that are representative of the University’s primary service area.Organize recruitment schedule in collaboration with Recruiting team to showcase academic programs.
- Develop outreach plans to support inclusion and success of a diverse student population.
- Represent the University at events with a diverse potential student population, building connections and showcasing the University’s programs and accessibility.
- Works with faculty and Student Support Services to develop student retention and completion strategies with the goal of increasing the completion rate for all students.
- Collaborate with existing campus initiatives to provide cultural programming as an aspect of all student activities to ensure inclusion.
- Implement programs to foster student community, engagement and connection to the University.
- Maintain up to date technological skills and use efficiently in performance of job functions.
- Comply with all policies of the University.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing work scope and tasks based on need.
- Actively work towards building cooperative and collaborative relationships with peers and internal faculty and staff.
- Maintain “open door” to internal and external customers.
- Identify opportunities for improvements to work practices and offers viable solutions for implementation.
- Proactively engage in problem solving related to tasks in this position with internal and external people.
- Routinely practice self-monitoring by assessing self to make improvements or take corrective action to improve performance.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree required.
- Progressive experience in student support services at the Post-secondary level required.
- Effective communication skills, both orally and in writing with a diverse group of constituents.
- Ability to acquire new skills and develop effective solutions independently to meet new challenges.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Must possess a professional demeanor.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a wide group of constituents.
- Knowledge of Athens State University policies and procedures.
Start date: April, 2019