Director, NACC and Assistant Dean, Yale College
Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.
The Director provides strategic direction for the work of the Native-American Cultural Center, supervises its daily operation, and provides support for undergraduate and graduate students. Serves on committees and leads various student and academic programs.
Required Education and Experience:
Master's degree in a related discipline and one year of experience in academic administration or management or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills (oral and written).
- Ability to work a schedule that is flexible and includes evenings and occasional weekends. Ability to work independently as well as a committee member and a member of teams.
- Strong interpersonal and group facilitation skills. Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with senior administrators, staff, and faculty.
- Ability to supervise a staff of professionals, graduate students and undergraduate students. Strong leadership skills and the ability create and lead effective teams.
- Budgeting and strategic planning skills. General computer knowledge and demonstrated ability with a variety of software packages, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Preferred Education and Experience: Master’s degree in a related field and at least 4 years of experience in academic administration or management. Proven experience in working with students, faculty, academic administrators, alumni and community groups. Knowledgeable about issues in the Native American communities and a commitment to translating these into a local academic context.
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at https://bit.ly/2sHT4wn. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.