Director of Strategic Initiatives
The role of the Director of Strategic Initiatives is to plan, implement, and execute the strategic vision of the system of Public Postsecondary Education. The incumbent will be required to execute projects or initiatives in accordance with the needs of the system of public postsecondary education, the Council on Postsecondary Education, and the Office of the Postsecondary Commissioner.
This includes acquiring resources and identifying resources and coordinating the efforts of the system, institutional personnel and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects or initiatives according to plan. The Director of Strategic Initiatives will also interpret the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
- Directs and manages projects and initiatives assigned by the Commissioner from idea through implementation.
- Directs the efforts of multiple project teams from ideation to implementation. Drives teams toward solutions using a robust fact- based and a hypothesis-driven mindset, generates metrics to measure a team’s impact and holds the tea m accountable.
- Serves as a liaison with project stakeholders on an on-going basis.
- Defines project success criteria and disseminates them to the involved parties throughout the project life cycle.
- Effectively communicates project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Proactively manages changes in project scope, identifies potential risks and devises mitigation and contingency plans.
- Develops and delivers proposals, status reports and presentations
- Supports special initiatives including the preparation of materials for and presentation to, internal and external stakeholders of OPC.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 5 years of work experience developing and implementing solutions with a focus in strategy or operations in a higher education or government setting.
Master’s degree with a specialization in business, public administration or other related field as well as relevant experience in higher education.
- Ability to manage at all levels, coordinating with numerous departments within an organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and influencing skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as lead multiple project teams.
- Exceptional ability to build relationships with employees atall levelsof the organization and perform in a broad range of environments including academic and business.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, planning and problem solving skills with ability to prioritize drive and complete multiple projects under stringent deadlines, and respond to changing priorities.
- An excellent problem solver, able to take disparate sets of quantitative and qualitative data and drive to innovative solutions.
This is a full time position. Please submit applications via the employment posting at https://www.riopc.edu/page/employment/ . Applications will be accepted until the position is filled with priority given to applications received by February 28, 2019. The application should include a cover letter and a resume, as well as contact information for three references.
The Office of the Postsecondary Commissioner is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic team committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities and women.
Reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities can be arranged in order to perform the essential functions of the job.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER