Business Systems Analyst-1
Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-02-13
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Where Excellence Meets PurposeThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor. Job Description Form
Business Systems Analyst
Application Systems Development
Exempt (Paid Monthly)General Description: Primary duties and responsibilities:
The Business Systems Analyst is responsible for working with end users to identify the information and reporting business requirements of users utilizing the data warehouse solution, communicating these requirements to the technical team, and assisting the project team in developing and implementing these requirements.
- Work with end users to determine current and future business requirements for data, reports, analyses, metadata, training, service levels, data quality, and performance. Ensure the customer’s business needs are properly interpreted and translated into application and operational requirements.
- Helps identify and investigate source systems.
- Assists to develop proof of concept.
- Coordinates prototype review.
- Develops and customizes reports to meet business requirements.
- Identify and assists to resolve data integrity issues with business users and technical team.
- Analyzes informational needs through user interviews to clearly define requirements/problems.
- Assists with creation of project time estimates.
- Develops and implements application documentation and user training materials.
- Provides post implementation support of user questions and fine tuning of application.
- Assists in completing user acceptance testing to ensure accurate project results.
- Maintains communications with management and users during development or maintenance cycle.
- Maintains knowledge on current computer hardware and software technology.
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of data warehousing and reporting tools, Power BI preferred.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel, SQL, and Microsoft SSRS.
- Ability to communicate ideas and problem solutions.
- Ability to effectively work with people in other departments and/or outside of the enterprise.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Ability to work with people with diverse background (technical and non-technical).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) required.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Computer Science or related field. Master’s Degree desirable.
- 2 years of business analysis related experience.
Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed, to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Management reserves the right to revise duties as needed.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:i105