Multimedia Support Specialist - Tufts Technology Services-18001898
Multimedia Support Specialist - Tufts Technology Services-18001898
Viewing technology in the context of work, scholarship and campus life, TTS is a university-wide service organization committed to delivering technology services that support Tufts’ mission of teaching, learning, research, and service. Understanding that IT enables innovation, TTS prioritizes holistic, human-centered design strategies to create timely and intuitive services, applications and tools that differentiate the Tufts experience.
Across our diverse and creative teams, we engage and focus our collective talent to strengthen Tufts’ strategic IT capabilities. To keep pace with our community’s emerging needs, we continue to evolve our competencies across four main families of practice, including Planning and Design, Service Delivery and Operations, Data Strategy, and Academic Technology.
Thinking and acting strategically with technology occurs through strong partnerships and an engaged community. Additionally, for technologies to take on integral meaning to our work, we also need reliable and consistent support in using them. With staff across all of Tufts’ campuses, as well as a 24x7 IT Service Desk, we collaborate with schools and divisions to meet the demands of a global, mobile community and to enable the broadest possible access.
Come join our collaborative, flexible work environment, where leadership is valued at all levels of the organization, and opportunities abound to work with leading technologies and learn new skills.
The Multimedia Support Specialist is primarily responsible for providing effective Tier 2 support, preventative maintenance, and consultation for the following service areas: classroom and lab technology; digital and analog audiovisual/multimedia systems and services; event and meeting space technology; event planning, coordination, and support; conferencing and collaboration services (e.g. video, web, and teleconferencing); videography and streaming services; and lecture and content capture services. In addition to supporting this suite of services, the position will also provide consultation and training on their effective use to faculty, students and staff. As desktop and audiovisual/multimedia solutions continue to converge, the role is also expected to provide Tier 2 frontline support for end user desktop (Windows and Mac), software, and other technology services. The position will regularly create and update both end-user facing and internal technical documentation. This position will also participate in periodic project work to implement upgrades to spaces as well as to deploy new and enhanced multimedia services to the Tufts community.
- High School diploma and 3 years of experience in the direct delivery of IT and audiovisual/multimedia support services.
- Experience supporting and assisting clients with 2 or more of the following services/technologies:
- Video conferencing with a demonstrated understanding of networking and delivery standards. Knowledge in IP-based and ISDN video conferencing systems, preferably Cisco Systems equipment and Cisco TelePresence.
- Web conferencing solutions such as WebEx and Skype.
- Classroom and event space technologies such as projectors and screens, control panels, switchers, audio/video players (DVD/VHS/CD), sound systems, microphones, document cameras, content capture, SMART boards, Sympodiums, etc.
- Event planning, coordination, set, strike, and live event support (including audio, projection, conferencing, video recording, and streaming).
- Videography, post production editing, DVD and CD duplication using software such as Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, and Encore.
- Onsite support of end user desktop and software services such as: Windows, Mac OS, MS Office, Exchange and Outlook, mobile devices (iPhone, Android, Blackberry, tablets), Antivirus /malware software, TCP/IP, and printers.
- Strong technical troubleshooting and resolution skills with demonstrated ability to learn new skills quickly. Strong research and analytical skills for more complex issues/problems.
- Strong communication, collaboration, organizational and time management skills including the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and independently manage a changing workload and schedule in a wide variety of settings and situations.
- Proven ability to perform well under stress when confronted with emergency, critical or unusual customer situations. Ability to maintain a strong sense of urgency. Appropriate use of judgment as to when to escalate difficult situations or seek guidance.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver professional customer service, end user training and consultation, effective team and project work.
- CTS certification.
- Experience using Crestron’s Fusion asset management software.
- Experience with Crestron or Extron programming.
- Experience with video/audio recording, capture and editing, web streaming and video recording technologies and support.
- Experience with lighting control systems, wired/wireless microphone systems, audio amplification and PA systems.
- Experience performing minor repairs on media presentation and production equipment.
- Familiarity with ITIL v3 Foundations.
- Knowledge of desktop security/networking and standards. Working knowledge of local area networks and network administration.
- Experience delivering tier 1-2 desktop support to end users in a mixed Windows and Mac environment
- Desktop support related certifications such as: MSCE, A+, Network +, CCNA, ACMT.
- Experience using endpoint management systems such as LANDesk Management Suite, Microsoft WSUS, McAfee Endpoint Encryption and OfficeScan.
- Experience with LDAP, Microsoft ActiveSync, Active Directory and group policies data recovery tools, WINS, DHCP, and DNS.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
This position requires the ability to travel between Tufts three campuses. May be required to work additional hours when under periods of high call volume or confronted with emergency, critical, or unusual situations that require additional time to troubleshoot and resolve. The ability to share in a 24x7x365 on-call rotation and to provide support outside of normal business hours as needed while on-call and for occasional planned maintenance events. This position works 40 hours per week. There is occasional event support work evenings and weekends but the position is overtime eligible.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Medford/Somerville
Job: IT (Information Technology)
Organization: Tufts Technology Services
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Dec 26, 2018, 9:30:56 AM