Coordinator of Government Costing - System Government Costing (109621)
Coordinator of Government Costing
System Government Costing
Office of Business & Financial Services
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois System seeks applicants for the Coordinator of Government Costing position to, under limited supervision, provide analytical and technical support in the review of the financial transactions for the System Government Costing at the University of Illinois System.
Primary Function of the PositionWith supervision and training, this position will provide assistance in data gathering, analysis, and calculation of the Facilities and Administrative (F&A) indirect cost, fringe benefit, tuition remission rates, and other projects as assigned. Further details of related duties and responsibilities are outlined below:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in providing guidance to University departments in the development of service center rates. Conduct service activity rate calculation reviews which include: learning the operations of the various departmental service activity funds across campus, providing assistance and guidance to departments, writing queries and preparing related costing reports and calculations, detailed analysis of rate calculations for reasonableness, accuracy, and adherence to Federal and University policies.
- Run, modify, create, utilize, and maintain numerous databases, queries, and reports in support of all costing functions and operations as required. Includes modifications to design of financial models and tools as needed, detailed analysis of results and reconciliation to the U of I System financial statements.
- Assist in providing early consultation services to University departments related to potential or upcoming establishment of service center activities. Includes but is not limited to: appropriateness of service fund establishment; direction to fund establishment requirements; guidance on proper rate calculations; awareness of over-arching policies and procedures, available training resources, rate development reports, spreadsheets, etc.; and providing training as requested.
- Assist in preparation of the Facilities & Administration Rate proposals which includes performing various studies, analyses, and reviews in support of the proposal. Includes, but is not limited to major functions of: conducting and/or review of space studies, space tours, equipment inventories, review of various departmental financial data, creation of various financial and attribute tables, FTE studies, utilities analyses, interest analyses, library studies, projections, and various cost share studies. Includes collaboration with various University departments and related organizations.
- Assist in preparation of the “University Administration Calculation” for all three Universities Facilities & Administrative Rate proposals.
- Assist in providing individualized training to service center customers as needed and assist with formal service activity training sessions. Assist with developing service activity training and job aids for the University System at large.
- Assist in preparation of the Fringe Benefit Studies which includes Termination Rate calculations, Graduate Assistant Health, Dental, Vision Rate calculations, Employee Health, Life, and Dental Rates and Reconciliations, Worker’s Compensation Rate Reconciliations, and compilation of Retirement, Medicare, and OASDI rates from other sources. Includes collaboration with various University departments and related organizations.
- Assist in preparation of the Tuition Remission Rate calculations which includes collaboration with various University departments.
- Assist with communications related to F&A, Fringe Benefit, Tuition Remission, Services Activity rates, issues, and topics for publication to the appropriate Universities. Includes assisting with development of communications and/or rate schedules and coordination with appropriate University departments for required approvals and formal publication of communications.
- Assist with responses to audit requests related to the Defense Contract Audit Agency’s (DCAA) audits of F&A proposals, DS -2, Fringe Benefits proposals, and Tuition Remission rates including: providing supporting documentation, working with various departments when necessary to obtain supporting documentation for audit requests in the amount of time stipulated by the auditors; and performing follow-up actions with administrative officials and/or auditors as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities appropriate for a Coordinator of Government Costing position as assigned.
Position Requirements and Qualifications
Education Required: Bachelor’s degree with a major in Accountancy or a related field
Experience Required: Two (2) years of professional level accounting experience or Possession of a current registration as a Certified Public Accountant, Certified Management Accountant, or a valid License to practice Public Accounting or Master’s degree in Accountancy or a related field.
- Previous work experience at an institution of higher education or government institution.
- Working knowledge of Banner programs/applications and SAP Business Objects Web Intelligence.
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, and state and federal regulations related to cost accounting, sponsored project administration, and rate development.
Salary and Appointment Information:
This is a full-time Civil Service Accounting Associate position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the position closes. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Application Procedures and Deadline Information:
Applications must be received by March 22, 2019. Apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you may be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:
- Submit the Staff Vacancy Application.
- Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms.
- Upload your cover letter, resume (months and years of employment must be included), and academic credentials (copies of unofficial transcripts or diploma may be acceptable) and names/contact information for three references.
In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for the position using the “Apply for Position” button below. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information regarding this position, you may contact System HR at 217-333-2600. For questions about the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University’s commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit:System Office Category:2-Administrative Title:Coordinator of Government Costing - System Government Costing (109621) Open Date:03/08/2019 Close Date:03/22/2019 Organization Name:OBFS-System Government Costing