Biology Adjunct Instructor Pool
Requisition Number FAC - 201000000253
Job Title Biology Adjunct Instructor Pool
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of Biology Adjunct Instructor.
The University - the first four-year public institution of higher education in the city - seeks an individual who will help shape the character of a 21st century, teaching-focused university. Candidates should be able to express enthusiastic support for the mission of the university to transform the lives of students, families and communities by providing high-quality, student-focused education in preparation for tomorrow's careers, and its vision to create the place of choice where students are inspired to learn, faculty are inspired to teach and the community is inspired to support. For more information about the university, go to: http://untdallas.edu/
The number of vacancies is dependent on student enrollment, division needs, and dean approval. Your application cannot be considered until all required documents have been received.
Adjunct faculty plans classes and implements and evaluates teaching/learning objectives and student learning outcomes. Adjunct faculty undertakes the divisional and professional responsibilities of a part-time faculty member, including office hours. The successful applicant will be expected to provide instruction in a full range of undergraduate Biology courses, including General Biology I and II for science majors, Biology for Educators, Environmental Science, Earth Science, Anatomy and Physiology, Microbiology and all associated laboratory courses.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
- A Master's degree in Biology with outstanding teaching experience in teaching developmental and lower level Biology courses OR
- Master's degree in Science Education with at least 18 graduate hours in Biology with outstanding teaching experience in teaching developmental and lower level math courses.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- PhD in Biology with significant experience in Education.
- Successful experience teaching adults in a post-secondary institution.
- Excellent communication skills in multicultural settings.
- Experience teaching and developing online courses.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
As required to meet the academic schedule
Substitution of Experience/Education No
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Submit a professional CV; letter of application outlining applicant's interest, qualifications and experience for the position; contact information of three professional references and unofficial graduate transcripts to http://unt-dallas.peopleadmin.com/. For additional information visit http://unt-dallas.peopleadmin.com or contact Dr. Aubrey Frantz at [email protected] Statement of teaching interests and teaching philosophy may also be requested.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the search is closed.
University of North Texas at Dallas is an AA/ADA/EOE
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Texas Workforce Commission
- HigherEd Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Linked In
- Professional Diversity Network
- Company Website
- Job Fair
- Current Employee
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a Master's degree in Biology with outstanding teaching experience in teaching developmental and lower level Biology courses OR Master's degree in Science Education with at least 18 graduate hours in Biology with outstanding teaching experience in teaching developmental and lower level math courses?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Graduate transcript
- Veteran Preference (DD-214)
- Teaching philosophy