Full Time, Tenure Track
Job Close Date: 03/25/2019
PLEASE NOTE: In order to be considered for this opening, you must apply through the District website at https://jobs.socccd.edu
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
Instruct a variety of courses within the Architecture/Drafting (CAD) academic department. Provide leadership and coordination of instructional labs, curriculum development, department budget maintenance and expenditures. Participate in general faculty functions related to the educational program, committee participation, governance process and staff development flex-calendar activities. Instructional assignments may include morning, afternoon and evening courses.
The successful candidate must meet one of the following criteria:
1. Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university AND two (2) years of Architectural Drafting experience; OR
2. Associate degree or higher from an accredited college or university and six (6) years of Architectural Drafting experience; OR
3. Valid California Community College instructor credential appropriate to the subject per Education Code 87355 (issued prior to July 1, 1990); OR
4. A combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent of items 1 or 2 above (Applicants applying on the basis of equivalency must complete all Equivalency questions on their application in addition to all other required materials).
• Minimum of one (1) year of recent successful experience teaching architecture related subjects at the college level or equivalent post-secondary environment.
• Evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Preference will be given to those candidates demonstrating a high level of professional expertise on the basis of having:
• Master’s degree in Architecture (or a directly related field) from an accredited college or university, or a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture (or a directly related field) from an accredited college or university and an Architect’s license.
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience working in architectural design and drawing.
• Professional experience in both manual drafting and computer-aided drafting (CAD) to generate all types of design and working drawings.
• Proficiency with Auto CAD software.
• Proficiency with Revit
• Experience with BIM and building automation theory and practices
• Professional experience in construction project management and observation.
• Abilities in the area of artistic/aesthetic approaches in the world of architectural design.
• Experience in an instructional setting, which demands direct involvement in the many aspects of education, other than or beyond the role of classroom/lab instructor.
Please visit the District’s Employment Opportunities website at https://jobs.socccd.edu for a detailed job description, to learn more about the District and to complete an on-line application.
NOTICE TO ALL CANDIDATES FOR EMPLOYMENT: The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Public Law 99-603, requires that employers obtain documentation from every new employee which authorizes that individual to accept employment in this country. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER