ADMIN COORDINATOR/CAMPUS RECRUITING MANAGER
Posting DetailsPosting Details Reference Number 07-31073 Posted Job Title ADMIN COORDINATOR/CAMPUS RECRUITING MANAGER School Name Wharton School Org MBA Career Management Posted to the Web 02/12/2019 Posted Job/Salary Grade 025 Employment Type Non-Exempt Hours 35.00 Position Type Full Time Position Schedule 9-5 Months 12 Position Length Ongoing Position End Date University Overview
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.School/Center Overview
The World’s First Business School
JOSEPH WHARTON, FOUNDER
In 1881, American entrepreneur and industrialist Joseph Wharton established the world’s first collegiate school of business at the University of Pennsylvania.
Wharton’s pioneering vision was to produce graduates who would become ‘pillars of the state, whether in private or in public life.’ The Wharton School maintains a long tradition of educating visionary business leaders in academia, business, government, and not-for-profit organizations.
Today, Wharton has expanded the scope of this vision to become the most comprehensive source of business knowledge in the world – with over 225 faculty members, 95,000 alumni, 5,000 students across 10 academic departments, 20 research centers, and more than 9,000 executive education participants annually. https://www.wharton.upenn.edu/
Under the direction of the Sr. Associate Director of Employer Services, the Campus Recruiting Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the On-Campus Recruiting Suite (‘OCRS’) and other administrative responsibilities. This involves facility set-up; reception desk coverage; greeting and servicing students, alumni and recruiters, etc.; and developing and implementing reception desk and OCRS procedures. The Campus Recruiting Manager is a highly outward-facing role, working with high-level alumni and employers on a daily basis to greet them, get them set up for interviews, and trouble-shoot as needed. This position is expected to problem-solve on a daily basis for both our office internally, students, and external parties interviewing in the suite. This position is responsible for all on-campus interview data collection, tracking, and management including that for all of our employer events and services. The Campus Recruiting Manager is responsible for maintaining knowledge base of all MBACM recruiting policies, procedures and services, is able to respond to all inquiries in person, on the phone, or via email relating to IT systems, interviews, services and initiatives across the university. This position also ensures that our daily operations in the On-Campus Recruiting Suite meet our high standards by providing superior customer service and operational support.
The Campus Recruiting Manager provides support to the Employer Engagement team by approving employer registrations in the online recruiting system, approving jobs for the MBA job board, assisting in the management of employer database integrity, attending recruiting events, and support to other employer related initiatives/projects as assigned. The Campus Recruiting Manager also provides support to the Events Coordinator in planning and executing all employer-facing events, such as Networking Expos and the Employer Advisory Board. In addition, this person will provide support to MBA Career Management by performing other duties / projects during off-season when on-campus recruiting ends.
Lastly, the Campus Recruiting Manager will co-manage a group of student workers, typically three per academic year.
- High school diploma and 5-7 years of work experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience required
* Bachelor’s degree preferred
* Knowledge of the recruiting process preferred
* Intermediate experience with Microsoft Word, Access, PowerPoint, and Excel, or similar programs required
* Familiarity with the internet required
* Excellent Interpersonal, organization and communications skills essential
* Fast learner with ability to interpret and explain procedures
* Demonstrated ability to manage many duties at one time
* Must be ‘customer service’ oriented and flexible
* Have the ability to exercise judgement, initiative, discretion and independence in dealing with client base
* Able to work under limited supervision
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job. Quick Link http://jobs.hr.upenn.edu/postings/43555 Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- [email protected]
- Contacted by a Penn Recruiter
- Referred by a Penn Employee
- Referred by a friend or family member
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other Internet Advertisement
- Other Social Media Site
- Professional Affiliation/Trade Website
- Diversity Association/Publication Website
- Heard about it at a conference or career fair
- Apple One
- Recruitment and/or staffing agency
- * What is your highest level of education completed?
- Less than high school education
- High School Diploma or GED
- Vocational or Technical School
- Associate's Degree or Two Year College
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- PHD/MD/JD or equivalent doctoral degree
- * How many years of experience do you have related to this position?
- 0 to 1 Year
- 1 to 2 Years
- 2 to 3 Years
- 3 to 5 Years
- 5 to 7 Years
- 7 to 10 Years
- Over 10 Years
- Cover Letter