Electronics Industrial Instrumentation - Adjunct Instructor
TITLE: Electronics Industrial Instrumentation Faculty – Adjunct
REPORTS TO: Academic Chair – School of Energy and Electronics Technology
PURPOSE OF JOB
- To teach coursework in Energy programs.
- To recommend curriculum changes, and support students resulting in graduates who meet entry-level employment criteria for positions in the Energy field.
- Teach up to 1 class-section with 1 preparations per week.
- Perform effectively in the learning environment by being prepared, maintaining discipline, and engaging students in the learning process.
- Address student academic issues such as student attendance, student persistence, and/or tutoring needs.
- Work in conjunction with student advisors, team leaders, and academic chairs to resolve students’ nonacademic issues.
- Grade student assessments within a week, as well as record attendance, grades, and information regarding student progress in the Energy field.
- Use Blackboard to provide course/supplemental materials and communicate with students using course announcements, discussion boards, and/or collaborate sessions.
- Serve as a role model for the students by demonstrating an excellent work ethic; portraying professionalism, including dress; and providing motivation for industry success.
NO. OF DIRECT REPORTS: None
PERFORMANCE MEASURED BY
- Student persistence
- Student Instructional Outcomes
- Individual Performance Plans developed by cooperation with Academic Chairs
- Associate Degree Required Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics Engineering Technology or Electrical Engineering (BSET, BSEE) from an accredited institution preferred
Minimum of four years’ full-time work experience
in Energy field
Must have education and work experience to demonstrate competency to teach the following course:
- Process Control 1
Work experience and competency in the following courses also preferred:
- Process Control 2
- Process Control 3
- Industrial Communications 1 & 2
- Industrial Controllers
- Casual - Hours will vary based on course being taught
SALARY LEVEL: Starting Hourly Rate $41
- Must pass criminal back ground check prior to starting position
- Evening and Day classes at North Fayette Campus