Academic Program Manager/Program Development Manager
Academic Program Manager/Program Development Manager
Job ID: 20021
Location: School of Professional Studies
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) provides online and on campus degree and certificate programs that meet the needs of adults who are looking for a seamless way to finish or transition into a bachelor’s degree, earn a master’s degree or certificate in a specialized field, advance in the workplace, or change careers.
Drawing on CUNY's nationally and internationally renowned faculty and practitioners, as well as industry and education partners, the School's programs provide opportunities for personal growth, job mobility, greater civic participation, and new ways to advance knowledge.
Home to the first fully online degree programs at the City University of New York, CUNY SPS offers fully accredited degree and certificate programs for students who want the flexibility and convenience of online education. CUNY SPS was ranked in the top 5% in the Nation in U.S. News & World Report’s list of the 2018 Best Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs.
Reporting to Director of Institutional Effectiveness and Planning, the Academic Program Manager/Program Development Manager facilitates the development of new academic programs from concept through the New York State Approval process, manages curricular change requests, and assists with assessment of student learning outcomes; and, supports the development of an Academic Master Plan for CUNY SPS. Additionally, with the majority of programs at CUNY SPS offered fully online and serving adult learners, the Academic Program Manager provides guidance on best practices in the development of online programs for adult learners.
In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, additional responsibilities will include:
- Develop and recommend new program ideas that meet emerging needs based on regional and national occupational data, forecasts and projections
- Provide guidance on policies, procedures and processes
- Manage development of new programs, including: Need and justification, employment opportunities, curricular mapping, enrollment and budget projections
- Manage the development and approval of Articulation Agreements
- Develop handbooks and templates to guide faculty in the development of programs and course proposals (e.g., enrollment projection template, program development policies and procedures)
- Manage the development and implementation of assessment of student learning; including course, program, and institutional-level outcomes
- Assist academic programs with the development and periodic review of curricular maps. Review, process and track curricular change requests. Manage the development of degree maps.
- Assist Chair of the Curriculum Committee to develop Curriculum Committee Meeting schedules and agendas
- Develop and submit required reports
- Serve as Catalog Content Management System administrator
Bachelor's Degree and six years' relevant experience required.
The preferred candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience with developing program proposals, market research, for new academic programs, enrollment and budget projections for new programs, degree and curricular mapping
- Experience developing curricula for online programs and adult learners in a higher education setting
- Knowledge of New York State Department of Education policies and procedures for the development of new programs
- Experience developing assessment plans for academic programs and assessing student learning outcomes
- Experience with instructional design and Blackboard
- Experience with content management systems
- Superior writing skills
- Advanced Word and Excel skills
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills
- Strong supervisory, team building, consensus-building and interpersonal skills
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
- Manages curriculum development and operations of a College's specialized academic program under the direction of a senior administrator.
- Implements and monitors a comprehensive academic program development plan; makes recommendations to improve department policies and procedures
- Assists Director with outcome assessment and strategic planning to further develop program offerings
- Prepares analytical and statistical reports for management
- Serves as resource expert regarding program policies and procedures
- May manage professional and/or clerical staff
- May act on behalf of Director in his/her absence
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience up to $94,248.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for Job ID# 20021 or Title. Select Apply Now and provide the requested information.
Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information).
March 4, 2019
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.