School of Business Adjunct Instructors
Requisition Number FAC - 201000000300
Job Title School of Business Adjunct Instructors
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of Adjunct Instructor to teach in the School of Business.
UNT Dallas - the first four-year public institution of higher education in the city - seeks an individual who will help shape the character of a 21st century, teaching-focused university. Candidates should be able to express enthusiastic support for the mission of the university to transform the lives of students, families and communities by providing high-quality, studentfocused education in preparation for tomorrow's careers, and its vision to create the place of choice where students are inspired to learn, faculty are inspired to teach and the community is inspired to support. For more information about the university, go to: http://untdallas.edu/
Qualified individuals are being sought to establish a pool of readily available talented persons from which these vacancies can be filled as they occur. The adjunct instructor is responsible for teaching undergraduate courses. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about teaching and student success.
UNT Dallas is hiring for the following positions to begin in the Fall 2019 semester or the Spring 2020 semester.
• Accounting • Business Computer Information Systems • Business Law • Decision Sciences • Economics • Entrepreneurship • Finance • General Business • Organizational Behavior • Human Resource Management • Logistics and Supply Chain Management • Marketing
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
- Master's Degree with at least 18 graduate credit hours in the teaching area.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Teacher education, state certification in subject matter or administration for education positions*
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Terminal degree in the discipline or a closely related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience teaching undergraduate courses.
- Academic experience working on a campus with culturally diverse students, staff and faculty.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
As required to meet the academic schedule
Substitution of Experience/Education No
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Submit a CV, a letter of application that outlines the applicant's interest, qualifications and experience for the position, and unofficial graduate transcripts to http://untdallas.peopleadmin.com/. For additional information visit http://unt-dallas.peopleadmin.com or contact Ms. Dena Hale at [email protected]
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Texas Workforce Commission
- HigherEd Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Linked In
- Professional Diversity Network
- Company Website
- Job Fair
- Current Employee
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a Master's Degree with at least 18 graduate credit hours in the teaching area?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Graduate transcript