Research Nurse PRN (Staff Wage)
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2019-08-15
The Center for Diabetes Technology at the University of Virginia is seeking Registered Nurses to work on a PRN basis. This position requires performing blood draws on study participants and knowledge of study research procedures and protocols in an inpatient laboratory setting. Shifts include day, evening, night, weekend and holiday. Shifts are scheduled according to the needs of the study. Employees will report on an as-needed (PRN) basis, no more than 40 hours per week.
This is a wage position which is not eligible for leave or other benefits and is limited to 1500 hours of work in a year. For more information, refer to the Wage Employment link: http://uvapolicy.virginia.edu/policy/HRM-029
To apply, please submit an application online through Workday at https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs and attach a current CV/Resume and Cover Letter. Search on requisition number: R0000041.
Questions related to the application process may be directed to Keith Johnson, HR Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment Drug Screen, Education Verification (PLANKA).
- Associate's Degree or higher in Nursing
- A minimum of 1 year of nursing experience is required (Skills acquired during training may be considered in lieu of experience.)
- RN (Registered Nurse)
- CPR certification or equivalent
- Ability to perform blood draws from indwelling catheter
- Ability to insert intravenous catheters that are appropriate for drawing blood
- Knowledge of laboratory procedures and protocols
- Ability to operate a centrifuge
- Ability to learn how to operate YSI blood glucose analyzer
- Skills in Microsoft Office
- At least 2 years of clinical research nursing experience