Senior Program Coordinator, Graduate Business Student Services
Senior Program Coordinator, Graduate Business Student Services
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges.
The Senior Program Coordinator plays an integral role in the successful operation of our graduate business programs. The program coordinator is the first point of contact for student services and oversees multiple program operations, including catering, room reservations, and the coordination of materials for classes and events. The position also acts as a liaison between graduate faculty, program administrators and staff, and graduate students. The program coordinator must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to attend to details and the ability to prioritize and multi-task during busy times in the office. The program coordinator is required to work some evenings and weekends to accommodate the schedules of various graduate student classes and events. The Senior Program Coordinator reports to the Director of Graduate Business Student Services. The Senior Program Coordinator may provide supervision for Federal Work Study students assigned to Graduate Business Student Services.
Duties and Responsibilities
Academic and Student Support
- Support all administrative functions relative to student learning for the SB graduate degree programs, to include course material ordering, timely syllabi solicitation from faculty or other related functions essential for successful course completion.
- Distributes announcements and reminders to SB graduate students and maintains student and degree program calendars.
- Ensure student requests/needs are addressed/responded to in a timely manner.
- Work as a liaison between students and the University financial aid office; student accounts; registrar and One Stop offices and maintain good working relationships with key personnel within student services related departments on campus.
- Assist with student financial aid, scholarship and employer tuition benefit processing.
- Set appointments for students with academic advisors and other student services team members as needed.
- Assist in the creation of course schedules for SB graduate degrees programs and address any faculty or room conflicts as needed.
- Assist with student course registration and enrollment verification letters.
- Ensure all student services related files are saved on the shared drive in order to maintain the integrity of current and archived data for the SB graduate degree programs.
- Assist in coordinating course evaluations and other assessments as needed.
- Ensure SB graduate classrooms are set-up and broken down appropriately.
- Maintain and update SB graduate student data for the purpose of tracking current student and alumni demographic information and to create student rosters and degree program reports.
- Coordinate all requirements for the SB graduate degree events including venue reservations, catering, AV requirements, parking and materials coordination for student orientations, graduation activities, and other on- and off-site events.
- Track RSVPs for events.
- Assist with set-up, implementation and break-down of events.
General Administrative Support
- Reconciles invoices for students, faculty and staff and tracks departmental budgets.
- Maintains office supplies.
- Ensures mail is received and delivered.
- Coordinates alumni involvement as needed.
- Provides supervision and mentoring for Federal Work Study students.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Three (3) years of administrative or customer service work experience in a business environment
- Three (3) years of relevant experience in supporting student services in an academic program and/or advising students in a higher education institution
Performance Expectations: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated experience in providing high-quality face-to-face services to customers/students.
- Demonstrated experience in event coordination.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with database maintenance preferred.
- Experience working with web-based technologies, specifically BlackBoard, Google Docs and/or Dreamweaver preferred.
- Experience working in a university environment preferred.
- Knowledge of university policies and procedures preferred. SKILLS:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and time management skills.
- Experience in resolving complex problems in a dynamic work environment.
- Must be responsive and exercise great attention to detail.
- Must be able to work independently, taking initiative and setting priorities with multiple projects and deadlines in an environment with constantly evolving office procedures and goals.
- Reliable individual who works effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to work with students and faculty, as well as business executives outside the campus community.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a 12% retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
Special Application Instructions
Click Apply Now to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at [email protected]
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Open until filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
To apply, visit http://jobs.sandiego.edu/cw/en-us/job/492547/senior-program-coordinator-graduate-business-student-services
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency