Posted: April 1, 2019
SUNY Sullivan is seeking to fill the full-time position of Bursar for a Fall 2019 appointment. Reporting to the Controller, the Bursar is responsible for the coordination of activities associated with the financial aspects of student registration. This position is classified as Academic Support Staff and the incumbent will be a member of the Professional Staff Association.QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate’s degree in accounting, business or an appropriate field required; Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or an appropriate field preferred.
- Three or more years’ experience in a busy, multifunction office environment.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience as described above.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, computer and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels.
- Manages student accounts receivables operations, including billing and collections.
- Handles payments to third parties on behalf of students.
- Performs regular account analysis.
- Assists students in managing debt related to attendance at college.
- Trains, supervises and evaluates staff.
- Coordinates student accounts services relative to the student financial aid and loan program.
- Supervises and manages the activities of the transaction/information counter.
- Manages the chargeback process, including the attainment of valid certificates of residency from eligible students and collection of payments from responsible New York State counties.
- Manages the collection of monies from responsible third-party payers for students’ accounts.
- Serves on College committees, as requested.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Controller and/or Vice President for Administrative Services.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, for full consideration we strongly encourage candidates to submit all required materials prior to the review start date of June 15, 2019. The hiring range for this position is $42,770 to $46,853. Please indicate in your cover letter where you learned of this employment opportunity and E-mail your cover letter, resume and the name, address and telephone number of (3) professional references to: