Department: Business, Math & Tech
Location: Eastern Campus
Reports To: Associate Dean
Recruitment Type: External/Internal
Requisition ID: req952
Employment Type: Part-Time Support Staff
Vacancy Number: CUSTOM.VACANCY.NUMBER
Union Position: Union
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, approximately 10-15 hours.
Number of Openings: 1
Provides basic clerical support of varied office tasks and general customer services
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Posts and maintains records which may require follow-up action.
- Compiles reports from existing records as directed.
- Composes and prepares routine correspondence, form letters, requisitions, lists and tables.
- Proofreads all work for errors.
- Organizes and maintains file system, and files correspondence and other records.
- Greets visitors and answers phone inquiries from internal and external sources, requiring standard answers and/or refers individuals to the proper persons based on type of information requested, demonstrating customer-focused orientation and service.
- Operates duplicating and office machines as required and instructs others in the operations of such materials. Distributes correspondence or other printed materials.
- Screens mail, routes according to content and fills requests for standard materials, such as reprints and publications.
- Coordinates and arranges schedules and meetings, makes appointments, prepares agendas, reserves and prepares facilities.
- Determines need for, or initiates requests form, standard information.
- Demonstrates detailed knowledge of unit operations and procedures. Uses initiative to suggest and implement improvements where indicated and to regularly prioritize work.
- Anticipates and meets all customer needs accurately, professionally, and with a commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED).
- One year of related experience and/or training.
- Keyboarding, basic grammar, and basic word processing skills (MS Word)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and proven ability to develop and sustain productive customer relationships.
- Must have sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population.
- Proficiency with spreadsheet applications (MS Excel)
- Knowledge of the Banner student information system
Disclaimer: This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned and does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Special Note: This is a Part-time (1199/SEIU) Bargaining Unit Position, Grade 03. (1199/SEIU) bargaining unit employees at Cuyahoga Community College
will be considered first for vacant positions.
Special Instructions to Applicants: During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement: Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.