Vice President for Academic Affairs
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION: Provide senior-level, college-wide leadership and direction in all academics of the College; promote integration of technology; implement and monitor evaluation of instructional programs. This position is responsible for the development, implementation and assessment of quality instructional initiatives.
• Provide senior-level, college-wide leadership and strategic direction for planning, development, implementation, management, and assessment for all instructional division/departments to include offerings in degrees, diplomas, and certificates, and to promote the advancement and secure support for alternative learning methodologies, professional development, integration of technology in learning and teaching, instructional resources and educational services, scheduling options for flexible, assessable and optimal student learning.
• Provide leadership and direction for College’s Executive Team (consisting of Vice Presidents and executive level management) lead College in strategic planning, establishing and monitoring accountability/efficiency initiatives, set College procedures, recommend institutional processes and to represent all College constituencies; assist President and Executive Team in the development of partnerships with external agencies, business and educational institutions; responsible for developing initiatives for College-wide implementation and under the leadership and direction of the President for organizational changes and directing strategic and budgeting initiatives.
• Responsible for hiring full-time faculty, adjunct faculty and staff within the academic division; responsible for the overall supervision and management of faculty, adjunct faculty, full and part-time staff within the academic division incorporating the appropriate utilization and guidelines for the Performance Management System; provide leadership to faculty in support of academic policies and procedures, professional contribution, organizational processes and professional development.
• Implement programs and monitor the valuation of instructional programs through quality initiatives; development of program and academic outcomes, curriculum review, program review; identification development, implementation and continuous improvement of academic effectiveness indicators; support the pursuit and furtherance of College and discipline related accrediting bodies, program development and proposals.
• Serve as an ambassador of the College at the local, state and national level as appropriate on boards, education agencies, coordinating boards, and professional organizations serve as the chief academic officer for the development and implementation of academic progress through the State Technical College System and the Commission on Higher Education and in compliance with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and appropriate programmatic accrediting bodies; serve as liaison to the Faculty Counsel and represent faculty interests to the President and to the Area Commission.
• Assure the delivery of instruction in the most effective and efficient manner and in response to student needs and interests; coordinate and implement articulation agreements and interagency cooperative educational partnerships; develop and implement international/multicultural education, honors and other special services population programs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A Master’s Degree in a related field and at least five (5) years of increasingly responsible administrative, management and leadership experience in education. Higher Education experience strongly preferred. Experience with students, including under-served and non-traditional student populations. Ph.D preferred.