1. Maintains all electrical systems and power supply throughout campus including:
- High-Voltage underground and overhead systems including transformers
- Low Standard Voltage
- Standard Voltage, Switchgear, Panels, Feeders and Branch Circuits
- Street lamps
- Campus clock system
- Various types of electrical equipment.
2. Performs installation and repair of wiring, electrical fixtures, and systems by:
- Reviewing diagrams and/or existing electrical systems.
- Measuring, cutting, bending, threading, assembling and installing electrical conduit using tools such as hacksaw, pipe threader, and conduit bender.
- Pulling wire through conduit with assistance.
- Splicing and termination of wires using standard industry methods.
- Connecting wiring to lighting fixtures and power equipment, using hand tools.
- Installing control and distribution apparatus; such as switches, relays, and circuit breaker panels; fastening them in place with screws or bolts, using drills, masonry chisels, hammer, anchor bolt and wrench.
- Connecting power cables to equipment and installing grounding leads.
- Testing continuity of circuits to ensure electrical compatibility and safety of all components, using standard instruments such as ohmmeter, meggar and oscilloscope.
- Observing functions of installed equipment or system to detect hazards and the need for adjustment, relocation or replacement.
- Maintains the power, lights, sound system, field phones, scoreboard and message center at the stadium and other on-campus locations.
- Provides electrical maintenance for all rental housing and the president/ex-president's homes.
- Records name, completion date and time, and description of parts used on work orders.
- Locates and marks underground electrical conduit using locater and drawings.
- Operates various equipment including trenching equipment for new installations of underground power and lighting.
- Completes job estimates and purchase order requests as required.
- Supports special events.
3. Assists electrical sub-contractors and other trades in Facilities Services on projects.
4. Reviews plans and blueprints for take offs, upgrades drawings as projects are finished.
5. Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Follows safety procedures.
Completes performance review process with supervisor/employees to understand job performance expectations and how they fit into the department and university goals.
Communicates openly and recognizes contributions of co-workers and supervisor.
Pursues professional development to keep pace with demands for services and information; including maintaining up to date information about the department and university.
Continuous contact with members of own work unit and immediate supervisor requiring planning, coordinating, problem solving, presenting information and suggestions related mutual goals. Parties generally have cooperative attitudes.
Frequent contact with members of other departments, students, general public requiring exchange of factual information and explanation of rules, regulation, practices or functions. Discussion of non-controversial matters.
Responsibility for Final Decisions:
Tasks involve multiple procedures with interrelated processes or steps. Work involves choosing the appropriate option or procedure to follow and applying established rules and procedures.
Errors are readily detected in the normal course of work by standard check or crosscheck. Causes little difficulty or loss of time to correct.
Reports To: Electrical Supervisor
Completed work is referred to supervisor for review.
High School graduate with 7-10 years experience in related field and /or a technical (Electrical) degree with 3 + years experience in related field
Ability to read and interpret instructions, descriptions and diagrams in equipment/system manuals.
Knowledge of National Electrical Codes.
Work is performed both outside for stadium, lighting and outside units and inside with constant exposure to heat, and cold.
Continuous use of gears, knobs, levers, hand tools (screwdriver, testers, pliers, etc) to repair, install and operate electrical units.
Continuous crouching, crawling to access lights.
Daily climbing of stairs and ladders to reach lights, circuitry.
Frequent reaching to access lighting and circuitry at a distance and overhead.
Frequent lifting of 10-20 lbs.
Occasional use of bucket truck to reach outside lighting.
Work to be done independently and/or teams.
On call 24 hours a day (must be available on personal cell phone).
Job Posting End Date (if date is blank, posting is open ended):
To apply, visit https://furman.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Furman_Careers/job/Main-Campus/Electrician_R000488
Furman is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty and staff. The University aspires to create a community of people representing a multiplicity of identities including gender, race, religion, spiritual belief, sexual orientation, geographic origin, socioeconomic background, ideology, world view, and varied abilities. Domestic partners of employees are eligible for comprehensive benefits.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency