Data Visualization Developer and Analyst
Posting DetailsPosting Details Posting Number: Regular_0091030 Position Title: Data Visualization Developer and Analyst Classification Title Research and Assessment Coordinator Min Salary $62,029 Max Salary $71,334 Salary Type Annually FLSA E = Exempt Position Type: Position Summary:
The Data Visualization Developer and Analyst’s role is to create business intelligence reports and dashboards in order to support campus-wide business decision; compiles multiple visualizations into intuitive business-ready dashboards for campus-wide use; works with members of the entire campus community to define data analytic needs and reporting requirements; designs, codes, tests, and aggregates results from SQL queries to generate complex analyses, reports, dashboards, and visualizations that support decision making and planning at all levels of campus functioning; extracts data from operational systems, reorganizes and structures the data for analysis purposes, and moves it into reporting structures; assures the accuracy and integrity of data; and assists in support and training with end users to maximize their ability to use the decision support system and/or dashboards.Staff Required Education/Experience:
(1) Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistics or a related research field.
(2) A minimum of two years professional experience in statistical and data analysis, writing SQL for data analysis, or related experience in the higher education field.
(3) Extensive knowledge of reporting analytics solutions (Tableau); working knowledge of SQL and data extraction methodologies; proficient in the MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint); proficient in statistical software (SPSS, SAS or R).
(4) Substantial experience developing and maintaining database systems using appropriate software applications in order to conduct data analytics, e.g., perform statistical sampling, data mining, statistical analyses, correlation studies, etc. and provide summation of data report and make recommendations.Faculty Required Education/Experience Skills: Desired Education/Experience/Skills: Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
General knowledge in data collection and analysis techniques; statistics or social science research techniques; knowledge of common organization-specific computer application programs; knowledge of organizational principles and procedures involved in handling sensitive data (for example, Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, or FERPA).
(2)Proven ability to present information in a clear concise manner verbally and in writing. Skill in writing procedures, guidelines and application documentation. Understanding of organizational rules and regulations.
(3)Adept in using tools like Tableau, SQL and others, for the purpose of presenting stakeholders with a consistent, useful, and accurate view of their data along with insight in how it can be understood and used to improve business functions.
(4)Strong ability to download, merge, manipulate, analyze and report on large amounts of complex data from various campus and departmental sources.
(5)Knowledge of financial, admissions, enrollment, academic personnel, human resources, space and contracts and grant awards data.Department: Institutional Research - Effectiveness Work Hours:
VariesPosting Date: 02/11/2019 Closing Date: Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants: Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
Must be well versed in using tools such as Tableau, SQL Server Reporting Services, Access, and others, for the purpose of presenting stakeholders with a consistent, useful, and accurate view of their data along with insight in how it can be understood and used to improve student programs, academic decisions and business functions.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
Requires the integration of various sources of campus data, collaborating with data administrators, IT managers and analysts. Provide surveys, statistical data and ad hoc reports to analyze trends and develop plans for future growth based on data reports. Create new and improve existing databases and participate in campus-wide efforts to coordinate databases across divisions.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
Supports the Office of Institutional Research in completing formal and ad-hoc data requests; and utilizes statistical methods such as descriptive and inferential statistics including multiple and logistics regression.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
Consults with and supports campus end users in responding to and defining their analytic data, information/reporting/dashboard needs and making the best possible use of institutional data across campus and through the data warehouse to provide that information; and provides reports/dashboards and analyses to assist in their planning effortsDuties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
Manages metadata and data definitions for end-users; and maintains a data report library.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
Works with the Director of Institutional Research to administer policies, standards and procedures for strategic data planning, data analysis and modeling, and data element standardization and use to ensure accurate, useful and readily accessible data.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
Coordinates with IT Enterprise database administrators and systems administrators regarding the design/implementation and business practice approaches to campus-wide data needs; and promotes the development and execution of data policies, business practices, data counting and procedures that properly manage the full data life cycle needs of institutional data; identifies data quality issues and work with appropriate staff to resolve issues and processes as needed.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
Assists in training and support with end users to maximize their ability to use the decision support system.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
Ensures that the campus is compliant with rules governing institutional data collection set forth by various external reporting agencies such as IPEDS.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Rowan-Cabarrus Community College Website
- Newspaper Advertisement/Publication
- North Carolina Community College System Website
- Inside HigherEd
- Employee Referral
- * Do you hold a Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistics or a related research field?
- * How many years of professional experience in statistical and data analysis, writing SQL for data analysis, or related experience in the higher education field do you have?
- 0 - 3
- 3 - 5
- * Do you have extensive knowledge of reporting analytics solutions (Tableau); working knowledge of SQL and data extraction methodologies?
- Transcript 1
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Transcript 2