Chief Information Officer
Central Connecticut State University (CCSU) announces the search for its next Chief Information Officer (CIO) and invites expressions of interest, nominations, and applications. Reporting to the University President, the CIO will provide leadership, vision, oversight, planning and management of all aspects of information technology, including academic and administrative computing, the data center, telecommunications, data and voice networking, user support services, regulatory and legal compliance, security, and technical aspects of e-learning and online education, both on- and off-campus. The CIO will supervise four departments: Administrative Technology Services, Client Support Services, Enterprise Resource Planning & Project Management, and Technical Services.
Qualifications: The successful candidate is expected to have strong leadership abilities with experience as an information technology manager, adept at evolving technologies and decision-making. The new CIO must possess the skills necessary to build a collaborative team that will embrace the University’s student-centered philosophy.
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution;
- Ten years of progressively responsible professional experience supervising personnel and managing multiple information technology units in an organization that is similar in scale to CCSU;
- Experience managing a team of 15 or more full-time employees;
- Broad range of relevant information technology experience to facilitate providing leadership in technical areas such as hardware, software, applications, data and system security, cloud computing, multi-media applications, e-learning tools, as well as experience working with industry best practices;
- Demonstrated success in collaborating and communicating with all levels of the institution;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and manage a diverse staff in an environment that values team work and professional development;
- Demonstrated ability to understand, effectively address and communicate about the diverse technology needs and strategies of a diverse organization of similar size and scope as CCSU;
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of software and other technologies used to effectively deliver and manage information technology Commitment to quality and client-oriented service; and
- Committed to supporting diversity and equity.
- PhD in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field;
- Fifteen or more years of relevant information technology professional experience managing multiple information technology units in an organization that is similar in scale to CCSU;
- Three years of experience at the director or CIO level;
- Experience managing a team of 25 or more full-time employees;
- Relevant professional experience working in higher education, preferably in a public institution of higher education;
- Experience with strategic planning, budgeting, and fiscal management in a complex environment;
- Experience supervising unionized employees; and
- Experience developing external sources of support and implementing entrepreneurial projects.
Substantially comparable experience and/or credentials may also be considered.
Application & Appointment:
For consideration, applications must be received by February 28, 2019. Salary is commensurate with education and experience; salary range is $139,800 to $181,800. Applications sent through the mail or email in addition to incomplete applications will not be accepted. To begin the application process, applicants must go to www.ccsu.edu/jobs.
Central Connecticut State University is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer and educator.