Assistant Professor of Analytical Chemistry - Fall 2019
Position Title:Assistant Professor of Analytical Chemistry - Fall 2019 Position Number:10043932 Benefits Eligible:Yes Campus Location:Gainesville General Summary:
The University of North Georgia is seeking applications for a chemistry position on the Gainesville Campus at the rank of assistant professor, to begin August 2019. Special consideration with be given to those who have expertise in Analytical Chemistry.
The Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry is a medium sized, well-equipped, ACS-approved department with its majors pursuing graduate school, professional school, teaching positions, and industrial positions.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Review of applications will begin March 1, 2019.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Applicants will be expected to have the expertise necessary to teach Survey of Chemistry I & II and the associated laboratories; Principles of Chemistry I & II and the associated laboratories; and other upper-level courses related to their field.
- PhD in Chemistry with an emphasis in Analytical Chemistry or a related field is required.
- The successful candidate will have a strong commitment to undergraduate teaching and be responsible for teaching general chemistry both for majors and non-majors.
- Excellence in teaching, scholarly activity, and university/community service are requirements for promotion and tenure.
- Scholarly work involving undergraduates, advising students, service to the university and community, active participation in departmental activities, maintaining a collegial work environment, and professional development are expected.
Please submit contact information for three professional references.
In addition to a background check, this position will also require a DMV check. Employer Information:All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.