2018-2019 Student Worker, Mail Room Assistant
Job location: University Campus
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2019-01-14
Job Description SummaryThe Campus Mail Room Assistant is a work study position responsible for receiving, distributing, and processing all mail throughout Saint Leo University.Job Description
Provide support to the Mail Room Coordinator by assisting with the day to day tasks that need to be accomplished in order to keep the Campus Mail Room and the University functioning as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Receive, sort, and distribute mail to department and student mailboxes
- Process outgoing mail brought to Campus Mail Room by departments
- Sign for, receive, sort, and distribute packages delivered by DHL, FEDex, & UPS
- Deliver and pick up mail & packages from Dade City & San Antonio Annexes
- Deliver packages to departments, staff, and faculty
- Distribute packages to students picking up with Package slip
- Issue and collect mailbox keys to residential students throughout the year
- Verify and monitor mailboxes to ensure mailboxes are accurately marked
- Cover any duties of Mail Room Coordinator when applicable (Professional staff out sick, vacation, etc.)
- Ability to Lift Packages weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Federal Work Study Award preferred.
- Previous experience in Mail Room or Postal setting preferred.