Job location: University Campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-12-17
Job Description SummaryParticipates in the routine preparation, cooking and serving of food. Inspects food preparation and serving areas to ensure safe, sanitary food-handling practices. Weigh, measure, mix ingredients according to recipes using various kitchen utensils and equipment. Regulate temperatures of ovens, grills, steam tables and fryers. Participate in taking, observing and recording food temperatures and equipment temperatures in accordance with HACCP policies and principles.Job Description
Duties and Tasks:
- Knowledge of food preparation and kitchen equipment.
- Season and cook food according to recipes.
- Observe and test food to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently
- Portion, arrange, and garnish foods
- Assist other cooks during rush periods
- Keep records and accounts to ensure HACCP policies are adhered to
- Operate all food service equipment and machinery
- Cover, label, and date all leftover food for storage
- Clean kitchen equipment and kitchen area
- Perform other tasks as assigned or required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and managers
- Ability to prepare foods from recipes
- Ability to comprehend, carry out and explain complex verbal and written instructions
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent or two years restaurant or industry experience.
Perform physical activities that require considerable standing, walking, bending, lifting and carrying supplies weighing up to 50 lb.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.