ASSOCIATE DEAN FOR ADMINISTRATION, School of Public Health, Administration & Finance
ASSOCIATE DEAN FOR ADMINISTRATION, School of Public Health, Administration & FinanceTracking Code6717 Job Description
The Boston University School of Public Health seeks an Associate Dean for Administration to bring visionary leadership to the school in Boston, MA. The Associate Dean oversees the processes and procedures for administration, human resources, financial systems, and facilities at the School. The Associate Dean also oversees the operating and capital budget processes, financial forecasting/analysis, and serves on a variety of BUSPH and University committees. As part of the senior management team, the Associate Dean shares responsibilities in directing the development and funding of strategic initiatives and assuring the integrity of all financial operations. The Associate Dean is centrally involved in the school’s strategic planning under the Dean’s leadership and acts as a chief liaison to coordinate with and provide strategic support to the Departments and Centers in a collaborative, inclusive, consultative manner. The Associate Dean also, in the absence of the Dean, makes decisions and authorizes actions on appropriate matters.
- Ensures the integrity of organized processes and procedures for administrative, human resources, and financial administration systems at BUSPH. Brings financial acumen and exemplary financial management to BUSPH and lead the building of improved financial and management systems.
- Oversees and provides leadership to the Manger of Facilities and Operations, and Directors of People Services, Budget and Planning and Finance and Accounting. Leads the Administrative Leadership team that supports the strategic and operational needs of the Departments and Centers within the School.
- Responsible for the overall leadership and management of the School’s Administrative Leadership Group, Administrative Council, and Director’s Group and is a member of the School’s Dean’s Cabinet and Governing Council. Acts as primary liaison with the Staff Senate. Serves on a variety of BUSPH and University committees.
- Advocates on behalf of BUSPH with University managers, medical campus administrators, and external agencies.
- Creates and maintains a collaborative, inclusive, consultative, and supportive environment through sharing ideas, and working collaboratively to solve challenges with openness and transparency. Embodies personal qualities of professionalism, respect for others, integrity, confidentiality, and commitment to the mission of the school.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- More than 8 years of successful and increasingly responsible administrative and financial management experience required.
- Cover letter required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.Job Location Boston, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular