Adjunct Faculty, UX/UI
Job descriptionJob Number 1810007
Adjunct Faculty, UX/UI
Open until filled.
Take me to ACC's online application.
Position InformationLocationMultiple Locations
Note: May be assigned to Northridge or Highland CampusHoursAs assigned.SalarySalary is assigned according to the Adjunct Faculty Salary Scale.FLSA StatusExemptReports ToDepartment Chair, Visual CommunicationCriminal Background CheckPre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.College ProfileAustin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area. As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
Responsible to prepare and deliver coursework in engaging, innovative, and discipline-appropriate ways that reflect a commitment to success equity, respect for diversity, an understanding of culturally responsive teaching, and knowledge of the teaching field. Meets professional standards for faculty in accordance with college policies and procedures.Principal Responsibilities and Duties
- Demonstrated proficiency using computer applications, online resources, and other technologies for the classroom. Demonstrated proficiency using an online learning management system such as Blackboard to develop and build course content and perform administrative duties (posting office hours, syllabi, etc.)Demonstrated proficiency with Mac OS.
- Bachelor's degree in Art, Visual Communication, Commercial Art, Computer Graphics, Graphic Design, Interactive Media or Interactive Technology, and 3 year non-teaching industry-relevant work experience, and evidence of training in digital media;
- Bachelor's degree in Human Computer Interaction, Interaction or Interactive Design, Interface Design, Visual Design or User Experience.
Preferred Work Experience
- Three years of teaching experience including curriculum development.
- Three or more years of professional experience as a member of the UX/UI design team, as Visual Designer, Design Researcher, UX Designer, Interaction Designer, Experience Designer, Information Designer, or Design Coder.
Other RequirementsLicenses, Certifications, etc. Special Requirements
- Reliable transportation may be required for teaching at multiple campus locations.Classes may be scheduled in morning, afternoon and evening time slots.Able to document training in digital media.
When you apply using the official ACC eApply application, you will need to upload the following documents to your application:
- Statement of teaching philosophy. Consider these questions as you develop your teaching philosophy statement:
- What are your values, beliefs, and goals related to teaching and learning?
- What will make you effective in the community college classroom?
- How does student identify in the classroom affect how you teach?
- Statement of past and/or potential contributions to diversity, equity and inclusion in the academic environment.
- Online Portfolio - Include a link to a diverse online portfolio showcasing design skills and process. Include at least one example of each of the following:
- Responsible website design shown at various screen sizes
- App design
- Case Study
- Demonstration of best practices when designing for web accessibility
- Strong understanding of usability and user centered design practices
- Strong attention to detail
- If you have teaching experience, please include examples of both student work and evidence of curriculum development.
PDFs and links may be addressed to the Hiring Committee and emailed to [email protected] Please include both the job title and job number in the subject line.
Official transcripts and/or certifications will need to be sent directly from your institution to:ACC Highland Business CenterAttention: E.B. Breedlove, Employment Manager5930 Middle Fiskville Road, Austin, TX 78752 Photocopies of transcripts and transcripts stamped "issued to student" are not accepted. Reference Requirements3 professional references required (contact information only)Criminal Background CheckPre-employment criminal background checks are required for all staff and faculty positions. ACC Benefits OverviewFull-time faculty and staffing table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the college are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty and Administrators Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by federal law.Working Conditions
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law. DisclaimerThe above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under the Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.