Posting DetailsJob Posting Information Vacancy Type SHRA Is Internal Transfer Only No Time Limited? No Time-Limited Appointment Length Title Multi-Media Technician Band Level Journey Working Title Audiovisual Coordinator Salary Range $31,200 - $54,731 Anticipated Hiring Range $40,000 - $44,000 Salary Grade Equivalency 63 Position Number 00107422 Work Schedule Evenings and weekends; varies week to week based on event schedule Does the regular and recurring schedule of this position result in the employee working more than ½ of their hours between 4 pm and 8 am? (Meal periods do not count). Yes Full Time Equivalent (FTE) 1 Department 477001 - Camp Enterprises Facilities Op Department Camp Enterprises Facilities Op Job City & State Raleigh, NC Primary Function of Organizational Unit
Campus Enterprises is NC State’s lead division of retail and hospitality organizations — NC State Dining, NC State Stores, Trademark Licensing, Lonnie Poole Golf Course, NC State Student Centers (Witherspoon and Talley), Rave! Event Services and the Wolfpack One Card Services. Each unit shares a common goal: deliver quality and efficient services with dedicated financial support for student activity and scholarships.
NC State Student Centers provide a clean, safe and welcoming environment for the NC State community. In support of the university’s education mission, the Student Centers will provide support to events and activities that will enrich the student experience. Through formal and informal experiences, the NC State Student Centers serve as a cornerstone for student growth, learning, and involvement.Essential Job Duties
Under the supervision of the NC State Student Centers Associate Director, the primary purpose of this position is to support, maintain, and facilitate programs and events that take place within the NC State Student Centers with an emphasis on lighting and sound design, technical direction, and production management. This position will assist in training, supervising and scheduling of student technical event support staff. The Audiovisual Coordinator position will assist in setup and breakdown of events within the NC State Student Centers, including but not limited to table, chairs, risers and audiovisual equipment. This position serves as the a point of contact and support for evening and weekend Building Managers, Operations staff, Event staff, Reservation Assistants, and Information Desk Assistants.
The Audiovisual Coordinator position will troubleshoot equipment malfunctions, work with Technical Coordinator and Associate Director to determine and implement an equipment upgrade schedule and equipment maintenance schedule of all audio-visual equipment. This position will be required to travel to various locations for delivery and pick-up of equipment using a state vehicle.
Other duties as assigned.Minimum Experience/Education
High school diploma or equivalency and one year of experience in audiovisual equipment operation and maintenance, graphic design, and/or photography; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.Departmental Required Skills
• Exemplary customer service skills.
• Ability to effectively communicate with clients, supervisors, subordinates, and peers.
• Must be detail-oriented.
• Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Demonstrate an ability to work under stress and complete complex work assignments and projects.
• Have demonstrated experience in financial matters to manage and analyze budgets.
• Possess superb organizational skills.
Bachelor degree and one year of experience in audiovisual equipment operation and maintenance; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.Required License or Certification
Driver’s LicenseSpecial Instructions
Please complete the online application and upload your resume (required), cover letter (optional), and contact information for three professional references (optional).Job Open Date 02/11/2019 Must Be Open Until---- (Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.) 02/18/2019 Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies? No Proposed Hire Date 02/18/2019 Alternate Option
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.AA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree verified at www.wes.org. Degree must be obtained prior to start date.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Professional Organization
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- * If you learned about this vacancy from "other source" or "other website", please provide the source.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please select the response below that best describes your experience/education for the Multi-Media Technician position.
- High school diploma/GED and at least one year of experience in audiovisual equipment operation and maintenance, graphic design, and/or photography
- Associate's, Bachelor's, Master's, and/or Doctorate in a related field
- Associate's, Bachelor's, Master's, and/or Doctorate in any field with at least 1 year of experience in audiovisual equipment operation and maintenance, graphic design, and/or photography
- Combination of post-high school education and one year of experience in audiovisual equipment operation and maintenance, graphic design, and/or photography
- Did not complete high school but have combination of high school and experience to equal at least 5 years of experience in audiovisual equipment operation and maintenance, graphic design, and/or photography
- None of the above
- * Do you have a valid driver's license or the ability to obtain one prior to your start date?
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for References