Lab Support Specialist
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job Title Lab Support Specialist Department Provost Information and Engineering Technologies Posting Number 03046P Location Multiple Locations Full or Part Time Part-Time Position End Date (if temporary) Required Travel Relocation Covered Salary Range $18.00 Position Summary Information Basic Function
As a part of Northern Virginia Community College’s Information and Engineering Technologies program, the IT Support specialist will support the IT programs and activities on the NOVA campuses and Northern Virginia area. The specialist will also be responsible for assisting with facilitating NOVA IET programs.Duties and Responsibilities
•Assist with Tutoring students in the IET programs.
• Assisting faculty in computer labs as well as with other IET programs that NOVA participates in.
•Provide assistance with the preparation of project-related reports and presentations.
•Prepare tables, graphs, fact sheets, and written reports about the program/classes.
•Prepare promotional materials for the program/classes.
• Assisting faculty with IET special curriculum development projects.
• Assisting with assigned events, which may include assisting with developing an activity and/or speaking with event participants. Events are during the day and may be in the evening and on weekends.
•Assisting faculty in curriculum development descriptive or exploratory research.
•Assisting with IET events to promote the degree/certificate program.
•Other job-related duties as assigned.
High school diploma, or equivalent applicable experience or training. Some college-level courses in the IET field or IT related work experience.Preferred Qualifications
Associate Degree in the Information Technology field or equivalent applicable experience or training.Previous IT related work experience and course work in IET fields.Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills.
• Strong customer service skills
• Excellent writing and presentation skills.
•Good working knowledge of computer application systems
•Knowledge and Technical Mastery in a core IT area.
•Knowlegde of Microsoft Office suite
•Project management and troubleshooting skills.
• Basic Knowledge of NOVA IT Academic programs
• Ability to be flexible and adapt to new situations as they develop
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude under pressure.
The selected candidate’s offer is contingent upon the successful completion of an extensive criminal background
investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of
education, credit checks (relevant to employment), and other checks requested by the VCCS and NOVA such as
I-9 and E-Verify requirements. Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealth’s
Statement of Economic Interest.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).