Information Technology Lab Assistant, Student Employee
Posting DetailsPosition Information Posting Number ST140159 Position Title Information Technology Lab Assistant, Student Employee Department Information Technology Division Information Technology Salary Range - Minimum 8.50 Full Time / Part Time? Part Time Hours per week 20 Temporary? No Number of Days N/A Posting Detail Information Posting Date 02/09/2019 Closing Date 03/29/2019 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants
All offers of employment are contingent upon the following:
• Satisfactory results of a background check
• Post-offer, pre-employment physical exam in circumstances where the nature of the work renders it appropriate or where Federal law or regulation requires
Application Procedures: “Apply to this Job at employment.jjc.edu”
POSITION TITLE: Information Technology Lab Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
REPORTS TO: Katarina Winn, Lead Analyst
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist faculty and students with proper operation of lab equipment and software.
2. Communicate status of printer consumables (paper, toner, etc) to supervisor to insure an adequate on-hand supply is maintained for student use.
3. Perform general housekeeping tasks to maintain the lab’s safe and professional appearance.
4. Maintain physical and logical security of the lab.
5. Perform related other duties as assigned.
1. The hours vary between Monday – Friday 7:30a to 10:00p & Saturday 10:00a to 2:00p at Main Campus
2. Computers and Internet experience required.
3. Ability to communicate effectively with students and faculty.
4. Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
1. Major in Computer Information Systems
2. Required to learn application software packages and operating environments as needed.
3. Tutoring or teaching experience helpful.
4. Patience, common sense, problem solving abilities, and a willingness to accept responsibility.
• Normal office physical demands.
• Duties are performed indoors in the usual office environment.
Joliet Junior College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action college supporting diversity.
ANNUAL CLERY SAFETY REPORT (ASR) NOTICE FIRE SAFETY REPORT (FSA) and MISSING PERSON POLICY (MPP) FOR STUDENTS RESIDING IN “ON CAMPUS” STUDENT HOUSING
Joliet Junior College is committed to assisting members of the JJC community in providing for their own safety and security. The annual CLERY security compliance document along with the Fire Safety Report (FSR) and the Missing Person Policy (MPP) for students residing in “on campus” student housing is available at the JJC Police Department website :
If you would like to receive the ASR, FSR or MPP in booklet form, you may stop by the Campus Police Department located on Main Campus in G 1013 or call Campus Police at 815-280-2234. The website and booklet contain information regarding campus security and personal safety such as crime prevention and reporting, police law enforcement authority, disciplinary procedures and other related security policies. They also contain information about crime statistics for the three previous years for all JJC campuses, property owned and controlled by JJC District 525 and on public property immediately adjacent to JJC campuses.
This information is required by law and is made available by the Joliet Junior College Police Department.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter