Diversions Cafe' Coordinator
Diversions Cafe' Coordinator
University of Puget Sound
Job ID: 4591
Location: Student Union-Dining Services
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Appointment/Status: This is a full-time (1.0FTE) position.
The duty of the Diversions Coordinator is to provide supervision to student staff for the Diversions Cafe. The Diversions Coordinator will oversee the set-up, service, staffing and cleanup for a high volume cafe in a residential college environment. Complies with Dining & Conference Services (DCS) standards and philosophy in performing all key areas of accountability and other essential job functions and responsibilities. The person schedules and assigns schedules for staff, responsible for the ordering and inventory of supplies, prepares and serves espresso drinks, coordinates repair services for equipment, and maintains a friendly, safe, and sanitary work environment.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manages daily Diversions Cafe operations with an emphasis on customer service, mentorship and training Prepares and serves espresso drinks Performs initial troubleshooting of espresso equipment Coordinates repair services with outside equipment center Maintain order guides and responsible for multiple vendors Drives Hazard Analysis of Critical Control Points (HAACP) compliance and general cleanliness Receives cash and debit card payments from customers and accounts for cafe receipts at the end of the work shift
- Follows and adheres to departmental and University protocols, standards, rules and policies
- Ensures proper signage for product identification and dietary concerns
- Leads and develops student staff members
- Interviews and hires student staff
- Ensures proper orientations and training of all staff members
- Provides continuous customer service training
- Assists the lead team in evaluating and developing staff performance
- Works with supervisor and DCS Human Resource Representative to coach staff on performance issues and taking corrective action as needed
- Participates in progressive counseling as appropriate
The Diversions Coordinator is responsible for the supervision of the student leads and student staff.
- Knowledge and basic understanding of budget
- Awareness of ordering, waste and theft issues
- Show professionalism in adhering to budget restrictions and changes
- Look for savings opportunities
Candidates must be able to explain and/or demonstrate that they possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities to safely perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and communication skills
- Working knowledge of computers and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job
- Must possess a valid Food Worker Card
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background inquiry, physical exam (including drug screening) and strength test
- Regular and reliable attendance
- Ability to respectfully work, communicate and provide leadership within a diverse campus community
Education/ExperienceTwo years of related experience to include supervisory or lead responsibilities in a high volume espresso making environment; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Must be able to speak clearly, listen attentively, read, write, and understand English.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to stand on one's feet for extended periods of time, use hand/finger dexterity continually, and perform repetitive motions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, strenuous environment.
- We acknowledge the richness of commonalities and differences we share as a university community; the intrinsic worth of all who work and study here; that education is enhanced by investigation of and reflection upon multiple perspectives.
- We aspire to create respect for and appreciation of all persons as a key characteristic of our campus community; to increase the diversity of all parts of our University community through commitment to diversity in our recruitment and retention efforts; to foster a spirit of openness to active engagement among all members of our campus community.
- We act to achieve an environment that welcomes and supports diversity; to ensure full educational opportunity for all who teach and learn here; to prepare effectively citizen-leaders for a pluralistic world.
Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. To learn more please visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/diversity-at-puget-sound/Compensation/Benefits: The hiring rate for this position begins at $16.94 per hour. Decisions about starting salaries will be made based on the extent and relatedness of the candidate's education and experience and on internal equity and market considerations. Application Deadline Information: Search and selection procedures will be closed when a sufficient number of qualified candidates have been identified. Required Applicant Documents:You will be prompted to upload all required documents as one file titled "Required documents." Please combine all required documents shown below into one Word or PDF file. Applications submitted without the required attachments will not be considered.
- Cover Letter
The University of Puget Sound is an equal employment opportunity employer.
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: www.pugetsound.edu/employment
About Puget Sound
Puget Sound is a selective national liberal arts college in Tacoma, Washington, drawing 2,600 students from 48 states and 20 countries. Puget Sound graduates include Rhodes and Fulbright scholars, notables in the arts and culture, entrepreneurs and elected officials, and leaders in business and finance locally and throughout the world. A low student-faculty ratio provides Puget Sound students with personal attention from faculty who have a strong commitment to teaching and offer 1,200 courses each year in more than 40 traditional and interdisciplinary fields, including graduate programs in occupational and physical therapy and in education. Puget Sound is the only nationally ranked independent undergraduate liberal arts college in Western Washington, and one of just five independent colleges in the Pacific Northwest granted a charter by Phi Beta Kappa, the nation’s most prestigious academic honorary society. Visit "About Puget Sound" (http://www.pugetsound.edu/about) to learn more about the college.
As a strategic goal and through our core values, University of Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. EOE/AA
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency