Practical Nursing Faculty – Full-time
Practical Nursing Faculty – Full-time
PURPOSE OF JOB
- To teach coursework in Nursing program and other health care programs.
- To develop curriculum, provide training and student support resulting in graduates who meet entry-level licensure employment criteria for positions in the Nursing field.
50% Teaching Effectiveness
- Teach up to 5 class-sections with 1 - 3 preparations per week.
- Perform effectively in the learning environment by being prepared, maintaining discipline, and engaging students in the learning process.
- Address student academic issues such as student attendance, student persistence, and/or tutoring needs.
- Work in conjunction with student advisors, team leaders, and Director of Nursing chairs to resolve students’ nonacademic issues.
- Grade student assessments within a week, as well as record attendance, grades, and information regarding student progress in the Student Information System (SIS).
- Use Blackboard to provide course/supplemental materials and communicate with students using course announcements, discussion boards, and/or collaborate sessions.
- Serve as a role model for the students by demonstrating an excellent work ethic; portraying professionalism, including dress; and providing motivation for industry success.
- Stay current on industry, market, and competitive trends.
- Participate in some form of approved professional development each year as discussed and agreed upon with your Director of Nursing at a minimum of 8 hours per year.
40% Curriculum & Assessment
- Deliver program curriculum by creating and following weekly lesson plans.
- Refresh courses by using new teaching strategies and/or revamping course materials.
- Work in conjunction with the Curriculum and Assessment Coordinator and Director of Nursing on course revision, curriculum mapping, and outcomes assessment.
- Maintain current curriculum on departmental network drives in an organized manner.
- Document efforts to improve student learning based on assessment results on SLO Report and other institutional assessment reports.
5% Extracurricular Activities
- Attend all graduation activities. Graduation dates are posted on the master calendar.
- Support PTC student and employee events as appropriate, which may be held on Saturdays or evenings.
5% Team/Institution/Outreach to Community
- Participate in all faculty meetings, team meetings, and other departmental/institutional functions.
- Serve as a liaison to all other PTC offices; i.e., Admissions, Career Services, Financial Aid, Student Services. These offices will periodically communicate with students through instructors or through the Student Advisors.
- Work effectively as a team member to support PTC’s mission.
- Participate as requested in the orientation/open house sessions, held on Saturdays and evenings.
- Participate as requested in community events and networking opportunities.
NO. OF DIRECT REPORTS
PERFORMANCE MEASURED BY
- Student persistence
- Student Instructional Outcomes, Program competencies and/or NCLEX-PN Outcomes.
- Individual Performance Plans developed by cooperation with Director of Nursing
Minimum of Master’s Degree in Nursing required (MSN) from an accredited institution.
State Teaching Certification not required.
Current Pennsylvania Nursing License required.
Minimum of four years full-time work experience in Nursing, healthcare, or Nurse Education.
The faculty office schedule covers the ten hour period between
7:00 am – 5:00 pm for day classes. Full-time Faculty are scheduled to
work a nine hour schedule within this time period. The majority of these hours require the faculty member to be on campus to full fill their duties of instructing classes, office hours for students, tutoring hours, and time required for department/staff and committee meetings. Faculty are permitted to go off-site to complete grading, write curriculum, etc. as their schedule permits. Faculty working off-site must notify their Director of Nursing that they will be working off-site.
Evening and Saturday clinical site visits may be required.
SALARY RANGE: Annual position salary range - $58,680 - $86,340
- Payday is last working day of the month
- Annual salary adjustments are based on performance. Increased ranges will be determined by management, based on company performance and announced each fiscal year.
Full-time – 40 hour work week
Various travel requirements depending on clinical location may be required.
- Must pass criminal back ground check prior to starting position.
- Actual related teaching experience is doubled in value when awarding credit for years of work experience.