Assistant Director of IT Development
The University at Buffalo is New York State’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards such as health and retirement plans, training opportunities and access to recreation resources.
The Office of Admissions is welcoming applications for a Senior Programmer-Analyst who will help lead the development, implementation and maintenance of the Technolutions Slate system for the Office of Admissions and other related systems within the division.
The Senior Programmer Analyst will provide team members with: Application Development, Application Support, and Analysis.
- Provide technical management and support of all software systems utilized by admissions (undergraduate, graduate, and enrollment management offices).
- Design queries and reports for data analysis, testing, and data migration purposes.
- Document new and existing source code, queries, technical processes, etc.
- Manage with the configuration and management of SQL Server databases.
- Participate in collaborative endeavors with other campus entities to implement new systems or streamline existing processes.
- Manage with the testing of software, CRM features and configurations, queries, data migration APIs, etc.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and
- Practical experience with at least one Object oriented programming language and ability to learn new development languages and technologies quickly.
- Knowledge of relational databases.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills; experience with documenting systems and databases.
- Proficient in basic Structure Query Language and advanced experience working with at least one database.
- Strong attention to detail, dependability, willingness to work under tight deadlines and willingness to learn new technologies when necessary.
- Familiarity with CRM systems and a general understanding of data migration design patterns.
- Basic understanding of RESTful API implementations and experience writing or parsing JSON.
- Must have ability to work and communicate effectively with people have diverse skill levels.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with CRM systems
- Experience in a university environment
- Experience with advanced, large scale systems
-Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis.