LABORATORY SUPERVISOR / COORDINATOR
LABORATORY SUPERVISOR / COORDINATOR
Posting Number: SRGV3398
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: College of Sciences / Physics and Astronomy
Scope of Job:
To provide responsible supervisory and technical skills for the distribution, oversight, and maintenance of supplies and equipment in departmental laboratories.
Responsible for the supervision of all aspects of the operations of scientific teaching laboratories and maintaining thorough knowledge of safety regulations, and departmental/university regulations, policies, and procedures.
Description of Duties:
• Supervises teaching assistants, lab instructors and other lab personnel in academic science labs, technology labs, service delivery labs, or clinical labs.
• Depending on the type of lab being supervised, will perform one or more of the following duties:
• Schedules lab sections for teaching assistants/lab instructors.
• Prepares training modules and training evaluation materials.
• Designs lab lay-out, schedule or perform lab set-ups and tear-downs.
• Maintains, inspects and supervises laboratory classrooms for safety regulation compliance, security, and equipment maintenance.
• Coordinates reasonable accommodations for students with disabilities.
• Ensures proper labeling of chemicals and proper disposal of chemicals, broken glassware and laboratory specimens.
• Recommends equipment purchases for labs.
• Maintains equipment, supplies and chemicals inventory and order as needed.
• Oversees completion of employment paperwork for laboratory instructors and employees.
• Maintains participant records.
• Develops laboratory syllabi.
• May perform other duties as assigned.
General direction from the assigned supervisor.
May supervise assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field appropriate to the type of lab.
Master’s degree in a related field appropriate to the type of lab.
Two (2) years experience in the preparation of teaching materials, laboratory supervision or laboratory instruction.
In science labs: spectrophotometer, ph meter, water bath, other standard laboratory equipment; other type labs: equipment as may be appropriate for the particular type of lab.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Normal laboratory conditions. Sometimes requires working with hazardous equipment and materials or in hazardous environments.
Particular project or program may require ability to drive a car for local or distant travel for consultation, training, meetings, or on site demonstrations.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 05/02/2018
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/20435
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency