Assistant Professor, Health Services Administration
Santa Fe College is seeking a nine (9) month Assistant Professor of Health Services Administration (HSA) to fill a continuing contract position to promote and encourage student success through quality instruction and real world learning experiences beginning Fall 2019.
Under general supervision, the Assistant Professor, Health Services Administration will develop, prepare, and teach a variety of coursework in the Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) in Health Services Administration. Courses taught include health care administration and management, U.S. and global health care systems, health care automation and technology, health care research, epidemiology and public health, health care law, and quality assurance in the health care field. Full-time faculty have a primary nine (9) month contract based on teaching 15 credit hours in the Fall and 15 credit hours in the Spring; teaching opportunities beyond contractual obligations, including during the summer may be available for additional compensation based upon departmental need.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Plan, organize, and deliver instruction in BAS Health Services Administration courses.
- Teach in on-line and hybrid environments, including instruction via Learning Management Systems.
- Provide guidance with issues of student performance and work in a constructive manner to ensure student success.
- Develop and assess student, course, and program learning outcomes.
- Promote quality instruction, curriculum enhancement, student success/learning, student retention, and faculty scholarship.
- Work with other faculty and staff in the department and College to develop, evaluate, and revise curriculum to help ensure mastery of material.
- Work with faculty and stakeholders in the Alachua/Bradford area to develop and manage HSA Capstone internships.
- Develop and implement technology-based instructional components for all assigned classes.
- Collaborate with the Chair, department faculty and staff, and other College officials in implementing College policies, objectives, and functions in accordance with the College’s mission, vision, and goals.
- Participate in staff and committee meetings and work as requested.
- Demonstrate ability to cooperate in a team setting.
- Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible and professional engagement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Chair, Business Programs
Required: Master’s degree in Health Services Administration, Health Care Administration or a master’s degree with at least 18 graduate hours in a relevant field is required.
Additional Requirements: A criminal background check will be conducted.
Preferred: A PhD is preferred. Candidates with college-level teaching experience and the ability to incorporate appropriate instructional technology, including online instruction, into coursework are preferred. Candidate with online teaching experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Relationship Management – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to others, building relationships and addressing identified needs.
- Problem Solving – proven skills in identifying issues, determining their cause, developing creative solutions, and following through with implementing resolutions.
- Multi-task - Ability to expeditiously organize, coordinate, manage, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks simultaneously to swiftly assess a situation, determine a logical course of action, and apply the appropriate response.
- Communication – able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
- Systems & Software - proficient level of knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
- Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural environment.
Application Process: All applicants must create an Applicant Profile to complete the SF Employment Application, submit an up-to-date resume, letter of intent, philosophy of teaching at a learning centered institution, as well as college transcripts to be considered for this position. Unofficial transcripts are only accepted for review purposes, official transcripts are required prior to any offer of employment being made.