The Department of Institutional Marketing at Grand Valley State University is looking to hire a Web Developer with strong skills in designing, developing, testing and support of database-driven web applications.
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science.
- Strong skills in designing, developing, testing, and support of database-driven web applications.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work both individually and as part of a team.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Experience with Oracle.
- Experience with Git.
- Knowledge of UNIX environment.
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Design and develop custom web applications and database solutions to meet clients’ needs.
- Provide support and training to end-users and participate in troubleshooting of issues that arise from issue/bug reporting.
- Generate and execute test plans and test case scenarios to ensure application quality.
- Accurately estimate hourly development effort for assigned tasks.
- Ability to contribute towards multiple projects while meeting expected deadlines
- Maintain working knowledge of current technologies while exploring and recommending areas of growth for the team.
Salary: Commensurate with skills and experience.
Application Deadline Date: February 21, 2019
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select “Apply now”. Attach a cover letter, resume, and links to previous work. The online system will allow you to attach these items electronically. If you have any questions, contact Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. [Include the following for job advertisements:] TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.